2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went off injured cos he cant play a simple ball back to the keeper.

The fact remains that to play Patterson we have to cover his arse way too often because the lad simply cant or wont defend.

He's blowing for tugs trying to get back goal side today, which shocked me at this stage of the season...and he's 20 years of age.

I think we're right to have high hopes for this kid. Yes, he'll make mistakes (who doesn't), but given game time and patience, I think he'll be class.

The fact remains that to play Patterson we have to cover his arse way too often because the lad simply cant or wont defend.

He's blowing for tugs trying to get back goal side today, which shocked me at this stage of the season...and he's 20 years of age.
Take yer Green & White specs off Dave.

The very least of our worries today , its getting very tiresome this now mate.

Very right footed which will get undue criticism from some, but will certainly be playing his own little tune down that right as the season goes on.

Take yer Green & White specs off Dave.

The very least of our worries today , its getting very tiresome this now mate.
That's BS. Itls a valid critique.

Anyone talking about 'great game' today is talking out of their arse IMO.

He did ok and no more...and for me he's not offered enough of a threat there today because he hasn't been adventurous enough.

Take the blinkers off.

…I thought he was too safe. One driving run into the box to set up Alli shows what he can do but i’d have liked him to worry them more.

Coleman will rightfully come in, he can sit out and build up his determination to break into the side.
Absolutley spot on mate.

I said above that I think he has the tools to do more than what he did today. Maybe he's been told to check back, but if he hasn't that was a very conservative display.

I thought it was a pretty solid full debut in the PL for a young player against a top, seasoned one.

He looked naive at times but also offered a balance and dynamism that we’ve lacked.

He’s not meant to be an out and out defender and he won’t be. He’ll also get better with each game.

It’s encouraging tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.