2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

….he’ll be straight back in & as a Patterson admirer I have no issues.

I’d be disappointed in Patterson if he’s not first choice by the end of the season but I don’t think he’s won his place yet. I think Coleman offers more than folk think, Patterson has to win that position. I don’t think he did that today.

Cant see what Coleman could have offered over Patterson today?

Think the boy keeps his place until he gets tired or makes an error...then swap them so he gets a rest.

Good game, hope he breathes a sigh of relief then knuckles down and makes it hard to pick Seamus.

Bit naive on some occasions. Has a bit of fire. Followed through on players that had annoyed him a couple of times, not bad enough to get pulled up. Effing and jeffing at the officials always builds affection.

Cant see what Coleman could have offered over Patterson today?

Think the boy keeps his place until he gets tired or makes an error...then swap them so he gets a rest.

…I thought he was a bit safe, Zat. I think Coleman might have offered more drive. A few times Patterson played back or square & even put his own hand up in apology. He said last week that Lampard has told him to play with risk, I don’t think he did today.

I want Patterson to win his place, I don’t see that yet.

Here's what Patterson excells at: when a ball pops loosley out from the opposition back four he is always on his toes anticipating that and looking to get an interception and he takes the threat to them in their final third.

However, for someopne who plays so high up the pitch he is pretty timid trying to take on the opposition LB. He turns back or looks sideways to release the ball. I dont know why that is because he surely has the tools to do be more bold, but he's pretty conservative for me when he has to take the fight to go one to one. He has to be a lot braver than that. Even an ageing Coleman will still drive at a defence.

Of course his biggest drawback is his defensive work which remains awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.