Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a midfield. Like a real midfield. Not docuoure and iwobi.
Iwobi not the problem today but I understand.

Having him stay at home with those defensive responsibilities is a waste of his best qualities. He wants to be getting forward and having some freedom to use his size and pace to go past people. Keeping a shape in a double pivot isn’t his best use.

Was watching the Chelsea subs warm up thinking he get in our team he would as well so would he and him as well. Hopefully frank can pull a few strings

We were neither good nor bad just bog average

Players looked gassed after 60 mins especially gray and Gordon

I don’t see any goals in this side which is worrying

we can’t keep playing 5 at the back otherwise we will never score need to change to a 433 or 4231 when Onana and gueye come in

Also I’m fed up of Mina and Godfrey

Can’t wait for coady to sign so we have a permanent centre half pairing with actual ability
Agree 100% re the need to adopt a 433 or 4231.

But those two formations rule out Coady, who cannot play in a back four and is leaving Wolves precisely because they are switching to a back four.

For the top 6 yes

For us, absolutely not.
For me it was a pen, and we were lucky not to give one away earlier via same player, but the way you say if us - you would probably be right as we seem to get so many more worst tackles, handballs etc last season that were not given, that if it was the opposition would have been given

For me it was a pen, and we were lucky not to give one away earlier via same player, but the way you say if us - you would probably be right as we seem to get so many more worst tackles, handballs etc last season that were not given, that if the opposition would have been given

Based on the officiating I watched last season, I can honestly say without one small bit of bias, that there is no chance whatsoever that penalty is given to us.

Pawson gave it and it was never being overturned at that point, even though it's soft. He's a total inept referee though. We should have objected to him reffing our games again after his pathetic performance in the Newcastle (oil protestor) game last season

The blunt fact of the matter is that, given all of our present limitations, a team of Chelski's so-called calibre could only overcome us with a penalty. Outwith the spot kick, they did NOT better us in open play in terms of putting the ball in the net.

Just consider that, and take heart from it...
I agree this Chelsea team were European Champs not so long ago.They hardly tore us apart and if we had a striker we would have troubled them.

I'm reasonably happy with the performance and it took a VAR (Sterling dive) shambles for them to get a peno.

UTFT

Just got back from the game, as many have said some positives to take from the game, the new signings did well, particularly Tarky.

if Chelsea hadn’t had a pen, we would have at least for a point, they were not very good and embarrassing that they were time wasting from 60 minutes onwards.

However Pickford lumping the ball up to Gordon was a terrible tactic and Gordon was ducking under crosses, it was frustrating to watch, we need a striker before the next game, or play someone else there, or try and keep it on the deck more.
Yep he ducked under most crosses like he was scared of a thump in the back. Gordon up top didn't work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.