Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, but hey, many of the fans buy into it with their "wasn't too bad", "not too disappointing" and "we'll be okay with more of that" kind of comments. The board get away with it because losing at home to Chelsea is acceptable to too many. It should never be acceptable - in any circumstances. Not if we are a truly big club. But then, we're not any more...
You mean many of the fans accept that the board's failed, but are still perceptive enough to recognise improvements when we see them.

We lost - and that's all that matters, to be honest. There are no moral victories in this game - especially as that loss was preventable with the purchase of a forward that we've known all summer that we needed and, whisper it, the signing of a few players with a few brain cells to rub together between them.
This is spot on. I don’t feel interested in looking for positives here, I’m frustrated that we’re still so impotent going forward and we KNEW we would be.

16 corners against and looked quite comfortable. Pleased how solid we looked at the back, Tarkowski makes a huge difference.. good building blocks, needs some cream on (up) top

It's a big test for the defence away at Villa next week. I actually think it'll be more difficult for them there than it was today. Important to see them build upon a decent start given what we had for a lot of last season's

Maybe we’ve been conditioned by how bad we were last season but losing is losing - and losing at home is worse. Yes the team performance was better than last season but that isn’t exactly saying a whole lot. Really hoping for a good season ahead but it’s the hope …

Status
Not open for further replies.