2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general I think the home shirt is great. The sponsor is growing on me, just wish they didn't have to include '.com' but it is what it is.
Not mad on the pink one.
Like the yellow one but wish the 'stake' wasn't outlined in white. I think the tower is quite smart but maybe a bit too minimalist. Nowhere near the monstrosity that the beehive tower was.
I hate the shirts where the pattern just cuts off on the edge. Didn't like the toffee wrapper one, don't like this one, wish they'd just do a nice solid. I'm a minimalist though so I hate silly features crammed into a kit that nobody cares about. "This piece represents ____" oh just get on with it.

Agree with you on the .com. For what it is the sponsor logo is clean and works with any design, the .com is just cheesy.

The badge has got nothing at all to do with Hummel. They will put whatever badge you tell them to put on it.

This will be our badge going forward, they have had a rebrand. I assume you have already seen it but if not this is it here

It's not because the badge is cheaper to produce (though it probably is) it's because it is easier to reproduce meaning that the quality will always be equal. (avoiding stuff like mottos being spelled incorrectly etc like in the past.)

if you're correct and we are just having that tower on everything. why do it on just one kit? The club have been using that online for months and produced 2 kits and dozens of items in the training, pre-match and leisurewear over the summer with the old badge on. The club are clearly not confident in using it.

This third kit is a tester, trying to avoid the backlash they had last time, when the club consulted with Nike to create a cheaper and easier to reproduce design and then had to climb down and redesign it. If we all just say nothing the club will keep going with and it will be on all the kits next year.

I'm not against having a simpler design of the crest on the shirts, other clubs have done it, quite successfully, but that version of the tower with nothing else just doesn't work for me. If you look back at all the old crests from 1938 onwards they all have the two laurel wreaths and the tower in the middle (other than the 13/14 one which was binned following the backlash).

If the new design had a version of the laurel wreaths it would look like an Everton badge, without them its just a tiny pentagon shape on a shirt, that looks like it will fall off after a few washes.

In all honesty I'm more concerned about the performance of the team than the design of the badge. Spurs have the cockerel, the rs get the bird and we have the tower. All are synonymous with each club and that's what matters really.

Look at the detail of the Tottenham and Liverpool crests though, you can clearly tell what each of them are, if you have ever seen their full badge. For fans of other clubs or foreign football fans, when they look at our third shirt, I dont think they will know it is supposed to be Prince Rupert's tower, that is on our badge.

Seems like Castore will be producing our kits next season. Local company that has grown massively over the last couple of years
Like Hummel they'd had some beauties and some absolute stinkers. I look at Arsenal's kits in envy, they're absolutely stunning. I'd love adidas but we'd end up with some standard template.

Like Hummel they'd had some beauties and some absolute stinkers. I look at Arsenal's kits in envy, they're absolutely stunning. I'd love adidas but we'd end up with some standard template.

Castore nailed pretty much each kit this season. Look at Leverkeusens and imagine it in blue and white. Would be a great kit.

Castore nailed pretty much each kit this season. Look at Leverkeusens and imagine it in blue and white. Would be a great kit.
i was just looking at Newcastle's market knockoff of the Saudi kit.. the one with the wrap around collar. That in blue with white collar and cuffs would be stunning.

Seems like Castore will be producing our kits next season. Local company that has grown massively over the last couple of years
Source?

is that just from Twitter? I saw that yesterday but presumed it was just made up for clicks and likes.

I dont mind Castore, think they were one of the brands mentioned before we signed the Hummel deal, not sure how true it was, thought it might just be lazy journalism because they are a company from Liverpool.

Source?

is that just from Twitter? I saw that yesterday but presumed it was just made up for clicks and likes.

I dont mind Castore, think they were one of the brands mentioned before we signed the Hummel deal, not sure how true it was, thought it might just be lazy journalism because they are a company from Liverpool.
Heard it a couple of times over the last couple of days from a few people and now it seems to be hitting twitter

The Castore Villa kits are promising IMO. Plus with their golf line experience, they might put out some decent traditional fan gear (polos, pullovers, etc.) that isn't too gaudy

Where on Earth have Castore got all this money from? They have 11 football teams, England, South Africa and West Indies cricket teams. Andy Murray, McLaren F1 and then a bunch of lower value teams across load of sports.

Source?

I’m far from an ITK, but the lad who usually gives me somewhat reliable information (friend of a friend) said it to me about 6 weeks ago.

Definitely happening I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.