Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
well obviously, but he only has one season under his belt for lille. seems like a big gamble at that price especially if money is tight.
He fits the profile of exactly what we need a big powerhouse in midfield who will help on set pieces at both ends of the pitch, played in the CL and impressed and is only 20.

Signings like this I don’t think you can lose really because of his age.

Look at Moise Kean he was dreadful and we still got or will get our money back on him

By what I can see on the youtube clips he wins a lot of headers defending at the near post from set pieces which would be something new for us

I guess we've had a word with the league and they've okay'ed it because we're also trying to sell/loan players like Davies and Gomes?

If we haven't then we're beyond stupid

I think we actually have a lot more freedom than sone people have been trying to insist we have mate.

Didn't for example esk turn around and say we couldn't buy anyone before selling another player for example like the day before we bought McNeil?

Wonder how they'll all explain this one if we sign him ☺️☺️

Damn the Naitch is still reeling after his final match. Memory loss from all the blood loss.

It was indeed 1992 where the Nature Boy tossed out big Sid without any help.

Good times.

Woooo!

Making you enter at #3 was ridiculous as well

It wasn't Fair to Flair!!!

I'm hoping this Onana fellow is soon jet flying and limo riding to Finch Farm for his medical

I would have thought it's as much about game time for the lad. He will have ambitions to play for better sides than either us or West Ham in future, and he needs to pay to fulfil that ambition.

It's Rice and Soucek versus our midfield. Not really much of a comparison. Still not convinced we get this deal done all the same. I don't see why it would be priority right now.
Not sure would be seen as a priority over signing a striker. On the face of it ,if as reported weeks ago Lille put a price of £50 mil on the lad maybe once a bid by W.Ham was agreed for a much lower price the club has pushed the button.

It could very well be the same ( or waiting for the green light on a loan ) for a striker.

Its a far better policy than the Siggurdson ,Iwobi & Bolassie signings.

I think we actually have a lot more freedom than sone people have been trying to insist we have mate.

Didn't for example esk turn around and say we couldn't buy anyone before selling another player for example like the day before we bought McNeil?

Wonder how they'll all explain this one if we sign him ☺️☺️

The league has indulged us quite a bit to be fair. We've taken the pizzle more than once in regards to FFP and they've usually let us off the hook

Can’t get my head round people who’ve spent the whole summer banging on about getting midfielders in suddenly deciding we don’t need them anymore because of one injury. Nothing has changed, we needed to address the midfield and the attack and we still do.

I know virtually nothing about this lad but on paper it’s exactly the type of signing we need to be making. It would also make the signing of gueye make much more sense. Those two and a decent striker and this starts to look like much more like the window I was hoping for.

Making you enter at #3 was ridiculous as well

It wasn't Fair to Flair!!!

I'm hoping this Onana fellow is soon jet flying and limo riding to Finch Farm for his medical
The Nature Boy doesn’t want to be a negative or anything, but doesn’t this one feel a bit too good to be true?

Then again, so did the ‘92 rumble…

Status
Not open for further replies.