Not open for further replies.
Reposting because it was received so well last time

Onana, ooh-na-na
Half of my midfield is Onana, ooh-na-na
He took us back to the mid table, ooh-na-na-na
Half of my midfield is Onana
My midfield is Onana
Onana ooh-na-na

Is he mad? West Ham have got to be more attractive than us at the moment unless he’s a boyhood Blue.

Born in senegal. In france so news of gueye going to Everton. Dont know how big a player gueye is in senegal football.
Thats me trying to make sense.

Fair play, can’t argue with any of that.

Are LOSC not still in a financial mess? I know they had issues last year but don’t know if that was just to do with the TV Deal collapsing.
I would imagine clubs in most leagues outside of the PL can “get away” with a lot more because generally one big player sale will offset a lot of financial issues. For example let’s say Lille were in the same position as us financially relatively speaking.

We just sold a player for £50m+ and we’re still in a mess and will have to watch ourselves. They’re about to sell a player for £40m and it’d see them secure at the very least for years.

It’s not as simple as that of course but it’s a big reason why other non top 3 clubs around Europe aren’t that competitive in terms of transfers. We’re likely gonna outspend most teams that qualified for the Champions League across Europe and we almost got relegated last year.

Being in the PL gives the teams the benefit of being able to spend a lot more of course but also incurs the risk of like we’re in at the moment of if it goes wrong you’re gonna have to sell all of your sellable assets and reset to continue on the same path whereas other clubs in Europe really only have to sell one of their top players or young prospects and can continually build.

It’s a blessing and a curse for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.