Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
takemymoney.jpg

Is he mad? West Ham have got to be more attractive than us at the moment unless he’s a boyhood Blue.

If that Ex-WHUFC thing is right it’s because we’re offering the earth, which I guess is what happens when you’re sleeping through the summer.

But still, a signing from the continent with potential resale value, can never be bad business.

Fair play if LOSC are gonna let us do down payments, we need bodies in the middle, he’d fit the bill.
Most clubs that are stable don’t really care about instalments or not. Burnley are in a bad state therefore they’re not letting us get away with instalments on Cornet for example, we probably got a hefty initial payment on Richy in favour of a lower overall payment and then clubs like Spurs have no real objection to potentially getting £40m for Dele over the next 4 years, (I know that deal isn’t literally structured in instalments but it effectively will work out that way).

It’s why bigger clubs can afford these giant transfers out of nowhere all the time, very easy to buy a player from City for £50m for example over 10 instalments of £5m or something like that because they don’t need that money to reinvest themselves as they’ve got it already. Obviously that’s probably a mad exaggerated example but you get my point.

It’s probably why we’ve been linked with so many Chelsea players even on permanent deals, they’re not in need of money and won’t be so it’s better for their financials to have a constant stream of income rather than one big lump sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.