Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the epitome of a Premier league Centre back was John Terry, untouchable in the roll like him or not.

Stones tried to do the Terry-esque striding out from the back carrying the ball looking cool, only to do a sideways pass to his partner or get caught with his kecks down.

Early days and very early days too but Tarkowski last night genuinely reminded me of Terry.

His long range passing will help given the current lack of midfield options. A nice assist for DCL yesterday.

….I thought his passing was ‘probing’ rather than safe and predicable.

Probing - I like that descriptor, you feel ‘in the game’ if you’re a forward and he has the ball.

Probing - I like that descriptor, you feel ‘in the game’ if you’re a forward and he has the ball.
I seen clips of Dele when he was at Spurs and a lot of his chances came from getting on the end of balls over the top from his centre back.

Good to know we’ve hopefully got that in our locker.

For me the epitome of a Premier league Centre back was John Terry, untouchable in the roll like him or not.

Stones tried to do the Terry-esque striding out from the back carrying the ball looking cool, only to do a sideways pass to his partner or get caught with his kecks down.

Early days and very early days too but Tarkowski last night genuinely reminded me of Terry.
No shock that Lampard wanted him at Chelsea - and then got him finally here

The ability to do those passes mskes it way harder fur the opposition to simply block the centre mids off too mate, they have to drop that bit deeper

Status
Not open for further replies.