Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good signing for me. We have needed better crossing, dribbling and creativity for ages and this lad ticks all them boxes. Needs to improve on his goal scoring and assists obviously but that might come with having a point to prove, playing under a better manager and coaching team and in a different system than Dyche's Burnley.

Couple more in before the season starts and i might actually start feeling a bit excited.

It is an uninspiring signing.

When we look back on this transfer I do not think it will be with regret. McNeill will contribute and be a functional part of the team. He will work hard and is capable of occasional moments of quality. He is young and will improve too but by how much? At £20m this is not a shrewd signing. Looking at his record over the last 2 years, it is unlikely he will really improve the team. He will not get 10-15 goals and assists next season, so is not an adequate replacement for Richarlison.

I saw Ped on Toffee TV compare the signing of McNeill to Kevin Kilbane, which is probably fair.

Exhausting hearing this. Just because a team gets relegated doesn't mean some of the players within that team aren't good.

McNeil and Tarkowski might not work out for us. But they were 2 of the 4 players at Burnley that have quality. If they had players as good as Pope, Tarkowski, McNeil and Cornet all over the pitch they probably aren't going down.

Writing off relegated players is just silly, we signed Jagielka when he got relegated with Sheffield United and that turned out alright. Of course for every Jagielka there is a Godfrey (not that I've completely written him off), but judge the player not where they come from.
It's fair enough buying one but more than one just seems silly, like there isn't a whole world of talent out there to take a gamble on

Yeah it is a bit underwhelming to have him as our new no7, but tbh he may just suit what our club is about.
He may not be a world beater but he works hard, plays nearly every game, has a great left foot and at 22 will be hungry to develop, especially if Frank is given time.
Only hoping the best for the lad, and wouldnt it be great to be sat here end of season saying we got one right for a change.

Reactions: Lob
….he’ll become a full England international within the next 2 seasons.

With Sancho, Saka, Sterling, Rashford, Bowen, Grealish, Foden and Barnes in front of him and Lewis-Potter, Madueke and Gordon in the under 21s, he will do very well to get any minutes in an England shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.