Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure McNeil was being touted around as one of the top young English talents coming through in the season before last.

22 years old and one bad year for an underwhelming relegated team and he's Kevin Kilbane 2.0 according to some.
Could it have been merely down to the dreaded second season syndrome?
On this scenario, I fear this could possibly happen to Anthony Gordon. Maybe this is another factor in bringing in an almost like for like replacement.

I don't understand why we're going after players from a team that got relegated to put into a team that nearly got relegated, surely there's better talent out there than proven failures ?

Exhausting hearing this. Just because a team gets relegated doesn't mean some of the players within that team aren't good.

McNeil and Tarkowski might not work out for us. But they were 2 of the 4 players at Burnley that have quality. If they had players as good as Pope, Tarkowski, McNeil and Cornet all over the pitch they probably aren't going down.

Writing off relegated players is just silly, we signed Jagielka when he got relegated with Sheffield United and that turned out alright. Of course for every Jagielka there is a Godfrey (not that I've completely written him off), but judge the player not where they come from.

I'd rather give a talented 22 year old kid a chance than be a proper Everton da over it to be honest.

Next thing you'll be saying 'I told you so' at some point down the line like it means absolutely anything at all...
If you’re happy with spending a bulk of money on a slow player with little output then that’s up to you. He’s young I’ll give you that. I’m saying there’s more out there we could’ve got for better.

We’re a slow team as it is.

Exhausting hearing this. Just because a team gets relegated doesn't mean some of the players within that team aren't good.

McNeil and Tarkowski might not work out for us. But they were 2 of the 4 players at Burnley that have quality. If they had players as good as Pope, Tarkowski, McNeil and Cornet all over the pitch they probably aren't going down.

Writing off relegated players is just silly, we signed Jagielka when he got relegated with Sheffield United and that turned out alright. Of course for every Jagielka there is a Godfrey (not that I've completely written him off), but judge the player not where they come from.
same Burnley team with same manager might stay up another season. The argument is just dumb isn't it

Status
Not open for further replies.