Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's incredibly average personally but he does have good traits. He hardly ever misses games which you would normally take as a given but in this squad of slackers it is now very important. He gives us balance being left-footed, appears to have solid and consistent delivery so will hopefully make us better at set-pieces and he's a hard grafter (again, something you used to take for granted before the rot in this squad set in).

All in all, I don't think it's a bad deal for the price reported but I am concerned about shelling out some of our precious budget on this player who I'm not sure improves us a great deal.

Right now with the options available to us, I don't see any alternative but to play DCL and Dele upfront together as we simply don't have any other goal threats. I would personally go with 4-4-2 although it's vital we bring in at least one midfielder, I'd try my hardest to get Gallagher on loan from Chelsea as is the type of all action player who could make a midfield two work.

There's potential for some decent partnerships to be formed on the flanks although we'll have to wait and see.

Pickford

Patterson Tarkowski Mina Mykolenko

McNeil Allan Doucoure Gordon

Dele Calvert-Lewin

I think he's incredibly average personally but he does have good traits. He hardly ever misses games which you would normally take as a given but in this squad of slackers it is now very important. He gives us balance being left-footed, appears to have solid and consistent delivery so will hopefully make us better at set-pieces and he's a hard grafter (again, something you used to take for granted before the rot in this squad set in).

All in all, I don't think it's a bad deal for the price reported but I am concerned about shelling out some of our precious budget on this player who I'm not sure improves us a great deal.

Right now with the options available to us, I don't see any alternative but to play DCL and Dele upfront together as we simply don't have any other goal threats. I would personally go with 4-4-2 although it's vital we bring in at least one midfielder, I'd try my hardest to get Gallagher on loan from Chelsea as is the type of all action player who could make a midfield two work.

There's potential for some decent partnerships to be formed on the flanks although we'll have to wait and see.

Pickford

Dele Calvert-Lewin
It's still one injury (DCL) away from guaranteed relegation.

Pickford

Dele Calvert-Lewin
Plays on the left doesn't he?

This is the rythm of my life, the Dwight, oh yeah
The rythm of the Dwight
This is the rythm of my life, the Dwight, oh yeah
The rythm of the Dwight

Yes or yes?
It's the way you play McNeil,
(the way you play McNeil),
It really turns me on,
(It really turns me on),
You get us up on our feet now baby, woo,
Iwobi's days are gone.

People saying it is a bad deal / price? Did everyone think the same when we paid 45m for an almost 28 year old Sigurdsson?

Can’t say I’m impressed in all honesty, good luck to the lad, it’s not as if I want them to do badly, I just can’t get enthused by our business so far.

Midfield needs sorting and there is a real lack of goals up front especially when you take DCL out of the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.