Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No response to it then. I did delete a similar post as I was checking the information I had.

Did you know that 97% of people in senegal believe same sex relationships is a way of life that shouldn't be accepted. Yet you expect someone who has grown up in that, to just change their understanding and beliefs?

My understanding is he has never said anything against LGBT, he just doesn't actively promote it. We also don't actually know that that was the reason he didn't play. If you can show me that it was, I'll completely agree we shouldn't sign him.

As an aside as I keep seeing gambling mentioned. Gambling is legal in senegal. Like most places, which have various degrees of religion involved in their running of the country (like we do), it varies from place to place and Is interpreted differently by each country's rulers.
No but it's reasonable to expect someone to not protest inclusivity. It's part of his job as a professional footballer to support the club's initiatives. It's literally part of their contracts. Our players don't show up to all of these events in the preseason out of the goodness of their hearts, it's part of their job. I understand where you're coming from here, this debate has been had on here a couple of times since last season. He can express his views on the matter so that people understand his perspective, but from what I understand he chose a public protest (and he knows that - it's not private when you're a professional footballer with millions of eyes on you). To try to stay a bit on topic, if we're approaching Gana about coming back to the club, the question has to be asked about what he would do here. From a PR perspective it'd an absolute disaster if he repeated what he supposedly did.

From a football perspective, I think a loan would be a solid move, but having not followed him the last couple of seasons, I'd worry about him holding up as he's getting older. His main attribute outside of tackling is his ability to run around. We could just end up with a redundancy with Allan. I'd prefer we get someone good on the ball for the holding role.

What I'm saying is though, that Norwich go down and come back up.

You used the fact Fulham did the same to justify the approach.

Watford buy loads too. I'm not sure it works that well.
But Norwich gave themselves no chance of survival, they were definitely going to be relegated. Fulham and Forest have taken the risk of spending bag loads of cash and they have also given themselves a chance to stay in the PL. Forest owner is not stuffing a load of cash in his wallet, Delia is stuffing a load of cash in her handbag.

Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions to excuse him.

You honestly reckon he is getting backlash for wearing a rainbow patch? It's not like he was photo'd in the Garlands bogs, he was asked to wear something as a statement of a support for the LGBT community for his job.

What are these factors outside of his control when it came to choosing to wear an LGBT support patch?
There's been a lot of assumptions made to accuse him and blame him. Like I say, if there is evidence he has those views, then yes, we should go nowhere near.

But, all its based on is him being unavailable for a game and other parties accusing him.

Outside factors I alluded to would be my assumption that his family still live in senegal and any backlash they may get form him promoting it. It's not always as cut and dry.

Bigot

noun

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

?

is it fair that any worker is forced to wear something on their work uniform that they may or may not agree with?

It should be optional and if it isnt, it's fascist.

If Gana didnt want to be a billboard, that was his right and his decision.

You may agree or disagree with his choice but you have to respect that he chose what he felt comfortable with.

More extreme wokery.

Wasn't that done on religious grounds and should we alienate an entire religion?
I don’t think everyone of that faith is typically as zealous and it’s probably more the way it was done. Surly he would have had an opt out of the wearing of colours or whatever but he decided to boycott the game. It just seemed a bit OTT and without qualification with the excuses coming after the fact. I think there needs to be respect for all but I’m not sure we need this negative attention, albeit he’s pretty much what we need in midfield.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of assumptions made to accuse him and blame him. Like I say, if there is evidence he has those views, then yes, we should go nowhere near.

But, all its based on is him being unavailable for a game and other parties accusing him.

Outside factors I alluded to would be my assumption that his family still live in senegal and any backlash they may get form him promoting it. It's not always as cut and dry.
What assumptions are you talking about?

It's a fairly clear case of player asked to wear a shirt supporting LGBTQ community and refusing to do so. Yet the same player had no issue wearing our shirts with alcohol and gambling sponsors.

I don't want him back here.

No but it's reasonable to expect someone to not protest inclusivity. It's part of his job as a professional footballer to support the club's initiatives. It's literally part of their contracts. Our players don't show up to all of these events in the preseason out of the goodness of their hearts, it's part of their job. I understand where you're coming from here, this debate has been had on here a couple of times since last season. He can express his views on the matter so that people understand his perspective, but from what I understand he chose a public protest (and he knows that - it's not private when you're a professional footballer with millions of eyes on you). To try to stay a bit on topic, if we're approaching Gana about coming back to the club, the question has to be asked about what he would do here. From a PR perspective it'd an absolute disaster if he repeated what he supposedly did.

From a football perspective, I think a loan would be a solid move, but having not followed him the last couple of seasons, I'd worry about him holding up as he's getting older. His main attribute outside of tackling is his ability to run around. We could just end up with a redundancy with Allan. I'd prefer we get someone good on the ball for the holding role.
The fact that he happily wears a gambling sponsor on a shirt, which is also against his religious beliefs completely negates the argument that it is due to his religion. I would hope no PL club would sign him on the basis of his views

Decent options at the left back position at relatively low cost.

Niels Nkounkou turns 22 in November; does this mean another loan move or do we think this is curtains for his Everton career?

Mykolenko (23) and Vinagre (23) born one month apart, so it’d leave us with three left backs of a very similar age profile if we keep him on.

He missed two games that are LGBTQ+ awareness games for "personal reasons." He was fully fit beforehand, and played in the game after

You don't need to be a MENSA member to figure that out
And he was told by the French FA ethics board that if that was the reason he didn't play then he should apologise.

He was called by the French FA to answer questions about it. From what I can see, there has been nothing further from it which would indicate that it potentially wasn't the reason.

Like I say, I hope our club do their due diligence and find out. If it is the case, I hope we don't sign him, but there's lots of assumptions being made.

What assumptions are you talking about?

It's a fairly clear case of player asked to wear a shirt supporting LGBTQ community and refusing to do so. Yet the same player had no issue wearing our shirts with alcohol and gambling sponsors.

I don't want him back here.
This is not the first time either, its not like people are jumping to concluesions

And he was told by the French FA ethics board that if that was the reason he didn't play then he should apologise.

He was called by the French FA to answer questions about it. From what I can see, there has been nothing further from it which would indicate that it potentially wasn't the reason.

Like I say, I hope our club do their due diligence and find out. If it is the case, I hope we don't sign him, but there's lots of assumptions being made.

There's no assumptions when there is a literal correlation

Status
Not open for further replies.