Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's here

20220727_112641.jpg

Didn't you already delete this post once before?
No response to it then. I did delete a similar post as I was checking the information I had.

Did you know that 97% of people in senegal believe same sex relationships is a way of life that shouldn't be accepted. Yet you expect someone who has grown up in that, to just change their understanding and beliefs? It doesn't happen like that unfortunately. I wish it did.

My understanding is he has never said anything against LGBT, he just doesn't actively promote it. We also don't actually know that that was the reason he didn't play. If you can show me it was and they are genuinely his views, then I agree we shouldn't sign him.

As an aside as I keep seeing gambling mentioned. Gambling is legal in senegal. Like most places, which have various degrees of religion involved in their running of the country (like we do), it varies from place to place and Is interpreted differently by each country's rulers.

Wasn't that done on religious grounds and should we alienate an entire religion?
Just because someone does something on religious grounds doesn't automatically morally justify the action, does it.

Pointless argument. Gueye really let himself down with all that.

Did he say that? Or have other people made that allegation at him? He is from a country with very strict anti lgbt laws with severe punishments. I would assume most of his family still live there and there would be potential backlash.

There's more to it then just ''he refused to wear a shirt so is homophobic and doesn't want a portion of our fans to exist".

If he does believe that then we need nothing to do with him and hopefully he can go out and learn and change. But there are lots of factors involved that are out of our and his control. An ingrained belief that has been indoctrinated from birth is incredibly difficult to change.
Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions to excuse him.

You honestly reckon he is getting backlash for wearing a rainbow patch? It's not like he was photo'd in the Garlands bogs, he was asked to wear something as a statement of a support for the LGBT community for his job.

What are these factors outside of his control when it came to choosing to wear an LGBT support patch?

No response to it then. I did delete a similar post as I was checking the information I had.

Did you know that 97% of people in senegal believe same sex relationships is a way of life that shouldn't be accepted. Yet you expect someone who has grown up in that, to just change their understanding and beliefs? It doesn't happen like that unfortunately. I wish it did.

My understanding is he has never said anything against LGBT, he just doesn't actively promote it. We also don't actually know that that was the reason he didn't play. If you can show me it was and they are genuinely his views, then I agree we shouldn't sign him.

As an aside as I keep seeing gambling mentioned. Gambling is legal in senegal. Like most places, which have various degrees of religion involved in their running of the country (like we do), it varies from place to place and Is interpreted differently by each country's rulers.

Posters throwing around accusations about Gana...

...could be seen as intolerant to someone who and whose family 'may' be at risk in Senegal.

No idea why a footballer should be abused and accused for not taking an opposing side against his countries laws.

No evidence against him whatsoever.

Oh and we dont need a ball chaser...we need a DM.

My understanding is he has never said anything against LGBT, he just doesn't actively promote it. We also don't actually know that that was the reason he didn't play.

He missed two games that are LGBTQ+ awareness games for "personal reasons." He was fully fit beforehand, and played in the game after

You don't need to be a MENSA member to figure that out

Seems like you've made an awful lot of assumptions to excuse him.

You honestly reckon he is getting backlash for wearing a rainbow patch? It's not like he was photo'd in the Garlands bogs, he was asked to wear something as a statement of a support for the LGBT community for his job.

What are these factors outside of his control when it came to choosing to wear an LGBT support patch?

Its literally illegal in Senegal.

im pretty sure Everton FC are anti-bigot

Bigot

noun

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Status
Not open for further replies.