Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he happily wears a gambling sponsor on a shirt, which is also against his religious beliefs completely negates the argument that it is due to his religion. I would hope no PL club would sign him on the basis of his views
It's not just religion though, gambling is legal in senegal whereas same sex marriage etc isn't. That's what he has grown up with etc. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not quite so straightforward.

He wasn't in Senegal when he was asked to wear it though was he Zat?

He had no problems with wearing alcohol and betting company sponsors while he was here either and I'm fairly certain those are frowned on too.
I think this is a good argument, as when you start profiling or ranking vices or apparent ‘abominations’ according to your own rather than scriptures prejudices, it tends to ring a little hollow. At the very least the guys own agent and marketing team or whatever are bound to have told him it wasn’t going to go well.

He had no problems with wearing alcohol and betting company sponsors while he was here either and I'm fairly certain those are frowned on too.

Alcohol + Betting are NOT illegal in Senegal as far as Im aware.

He is Senegalese. I assume he has family in Senegal.

We have no idea at all if he or his family would suffer a backlash for promoting what is ILLEGAL in that country.

You should respect this persons right.

Think of all the things which are illegal in UK and imagine a British footballer promoting them overseas for his work.

Thats what youre (all) calling for him to do...

Pretty shocking tbh.

is it fair that any worker is forced to wear something on their work uniform that they may or may not agree with?

It should be optional and if it isnt, it's fascist.

If Gana didnt want to be a billboard, that was his right and his decision.

You may agree or disagree with his choice but you have to respect that he chose what he felt comfortable with.

More extreme wokery.

treating all people as equals is something he disagrees with, thats fascist.

if he didnt want to be a billboard he shouldnt have signed a contract with a professional football club.

more extreme stupidity

The latest article from the telegraph says we are still trying to work on a deal for broja
That's what I'm hoping. I think with West Ham out of the race we should be able to get him. I'm expecting Chelsea to splurge on another forward soon. He'd be excellent cover for Dom. If he improves as everyone expects him to, I see no reason why he won't hit double figure goals in his second full season in the league. I know he tailed off, but he's a beast physically with some ball skills as well. Now that we're signing a winger whose main asset is crossing, I think it's smart to bring in another goal scoring striker.

Frowned on. Both are legal though. And he may not have been in senegal, but I expect many of his family are.

It's not just religion though, gambling is legal in senegal whereas same sex marriage etc isn't. That's what he has grown up with etc. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not quite so straightforward.
There it is.

So is it because it's illegal in Senegal or because he's Muslim? Because if it was the Muslim thing you would expect the same attitude to drinking and gambling promotions on the shirt he wears.

He's picked and chosen what he will and won't support and it isn't consistent with the religion. If you're going to follow the Quran to the letter of the law and use that to defend the objection to supporting the LGBT community.

We have no idea at all if he or his family would suffer a backlash for promoting what is ILLEGAL in that country.

Think of all the things which are illegal in UK and imagine a British footballer promoting them overseas for his work.

Pretty shocking tbh.

i assume you supported suarez giving racist abuse cos its okay in Uruguay?

I think this is a good argument, as when you start profiling or ranking vices or apparent ‘abominations’ according to your own rather than scriptures prejudices, it tends to ring a little hollow. At the very least the guys own agent and marketing team or whatever are bound to have told him it wasn’t going to go well.

Its ILLEGAL in his country ffs lol

The gambling and drinking are not :)

Pretty shocking tbh.
And why are they legal but being LGBT isn't? You can't say well it's the religion when they're picking and choosing which tenets they're going to follow.

Either it's a religion thing and then the same attitude should be attached to gambling and alcohol or it isn't and he is simply using it as an accuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.