Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonable signing. He's definitely better than Mykolenko going forward even if some of his crosses aren't the greatest. Defensively it will depend on what Lampard wants him to do but he is a little weak in that regard sometimes. I like his pace though and he's a flair player who I think will surprise many.

Reasonable signing. He's definitely better than Mykolenko going forward even if some of his crosses aren't the greatest. Defensively it will depend on what Lampard wants him to do but he is a little weak in that regard sometimes. I like his pace though and he's a flair player who I think will surprise many.
Central/Defensive Midfielder?

Doesn't really have to be though. We just need a cheap, decent enough back-up option for the only left-back in the squad that is actually good enough (and let's face it the jury could well still be out on Myko).

Vinagre is 23, will be happy to fight for his place and gives us an okay rotation option. Weirdly, one that is actually a proper LWB, as opposed to the more defensive LB that Myko is (but I think Myko is still the better player).

That's all this is. The wages are reportedly around £16k a week, and Lampard and the coaches have decided Nkounkou isn't ready. He's only got 12 months left so will likely be moved on. If Vinagre does well in his year here, then we have a deal agreed if we'd like to sign him.

Yes, it wasn't an absolute priority, but it's a deal that's costing a relatively tiny amount for a position that did need addressing at some point this window.
Yep, I'm totally fine with this signing. It makes sense and is clearly within our budget. It's just not exciting and won't be the difference maker when it comes to relegation.

He was loaned to Sporting and Sporting signed him early this month. And now he is loaned out to us. One sporting fan told me he is their third choice LB.

Left Back is not necessarily a key position to strengthen but we do lack some depth. Not really a very impressive player and we will probably see even less of him if Cornet is signed. If we missed out on Cornet, we have a backup (but not really a good one).

Well he'll be just experienced back up to Myko then. Nuno Valente lite.

Cornet will surely play in front 3 as the low cost Richarlison replacement rather than being converted into some wing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.