Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelming would be an understatement. How we have fallen. Signing players from the likes of Burnley, watford and wolves is not likely to rocket us up the table.
Not sure a fullback wil make any difference. What we need is strengthening the core of the team.

You have pretty much summed up my feelings. All we can do is hope whoever signs does well.

Underwhelming would be an understatement. How we have fallen. Signing players from the likes of Burnley, watford and wolves is not likely to rocket us up the table.
Not sure a fullback wil make any difference. What we need is strengthening the core of the team.
Our best signings in recent years have come from these type of clubs, Jags from Sheffield, Gueye, Cahill, Lescott...etc I mean come on, Richarlison even came from Watford, they are the type of buys we need.

This club will sign anyone on the cheap as long as it's not a Defensive midfielder or a striker......Myko surely has to be saying "WTF"
Vinagre is back-up to Myko so he doesn't have to play every single minute of every game

It's really not hard to comprehend

Also, as for the first part of your post, we need a quality defensive mid and a quality forward... so those are the two positions we need to spend most on.

Last edited:

They didn't make an offer for him, Wolves didn't want him, Sporting don't want him. I'm not saying he's not worth signing but it's not exactly a coup.
Doesn't really have to be though. We just need a cheap, decent enough back-up option for the only left-back in the squad that is actually good enough (and let's face it the jury could well still be out on Myko).

Vinagre is 23, will be happy to fight for his place and gives us an okay rotation option. Weirdly, one that is actually a proper LWB, as opposed to the more defensive LB that Myko is (but I think Myko is still the better player).

That's all this is. The wages are reportedly around £16k a week, and Lampard and the coaches have decided Nkounkou isn't ready. He's only got 12 months left so will likely be moved on. If Vinagre does well in his year here, then we have a deal agreed if we'd like to sign him.

Yes, it wasn't an absolute priority, but it's a deal that's costing a relatively tiny amount for a position that did need addressing at some point this window.

Ahhh ok I comprehend it then. Full of humility you lol
Apologies... I just don't see why there's any confusion about this deal though. It's quick, simple to do and seems to be cheap and very low-risk. He's a back-up option, because they don't think Nkounkou is good enough, and isn't taking any money away from the areas we really need to spend on - which are, as you point out, midfield and attack.

Apologies... I just don't see why there's any confusion about this deal though. It's quick, simple to do and seems to be cheap and very low-risk. He's a back-up option, because they don't think Nkounkou is good enough, and isn't taking any money away from the areas we really need to spend on - which are, as you point out, midfield and attack.
No need for apologies mate, we're on the same side. Would just like us to be linked with a menacing, aggressive DM or a striker instead of cover for Myko.

Man Utd signed Ronaldo from Sporting when he was just a young player with lots of pace and not much else.

We've just signed a young player from Sporting with a bit of pace and not much else

Just saying.

No need for apologies mate, we're on the same side. Would just like us to be linked with a menacing, aggressive DM or a striker instead of cover for Myko.
We've been linked with Guido Rodriguez who is, according to people who know a lot more about Betis than I do, a very good player. Let's see how that goes.

In the meantime I don't see anything wrong with addressing a need in the squad in a quick, simple and cheap deal. Might even help us if it means we can get Nkounkou out in the next few weeks and add a bit more £ to the mighty warchest

Good back up signing should have been done weeks ago though.

Now our transfer committee need to hurry up and buy some decent first team regulars I won't hold my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.