2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compare him with Firmino, generally recognised as being as important to Liverpool's success as Salah and Mane.

Leaving out Firmino's PL season stats for this season because of injury and comparing his time at Liverpool from season 2017/18 to 2020/21 (4 seasons) with Richarlison's four seasons with Everton:

Firmino - goals scored: 43; goal assists: 18
Richarlison - goals scored: 43; goal assists: 13

...add to that the undoubted fact that Richarlison had much more of a defensive task to also carry out in comparison with Firmino's task to merely press as much as he could and we can see that Richarlison is more valuable.

If Firmino were leaving Liverpool with 2 years left on his contract, age 25 and a Brazil starter he'd be valued way above £80M. Probably £90M to £100M.

It really is time Everton fans started to realise when this club is getting ripped off.

I suspect there's an element of accepting punishment on finances after we 'sinned' by wasting so much cash...but the issues are separate.

Richarlison is easily worth £80M.
They're completely different players.

Richarlison is more direct, but in terms of technique (touch, close control, passing, etc), he makes Firmino look like Platini.

Possibly, as we won't have to give Watford any money then, we've put Richy as 15m on our books so would show us 25m profit
Tbh if we are gonna sign winks anyway then I’m sure that’s the route the club will be looking at, I’m sure some of the accountants on here can put us straight though.

Dennis would be a good replacement. He was just behind Richy in terms of successful tackle % and interceptions + blocks than him last season but he scored the same amount of goals and one more assist in a worse team. I think he’d be a good addition and he has room to improve and good resale value if we get him for ~20m. Gordon doesn’t have the attacking output of Richy but he matches him in work rate and I think with a fully fit DCL our attacking lineup wouldn’t regress too much. I think Richy going depends on DCL staying fit as much as it does on the replacement.

In regards to the Richy stuff I hope it’s sorted out soon, I hate when deals like this drag out. I understand it’s part of negotiation and we want to get the best price but there’s nothing worse than twiddling your thumbs waiting for heartbreak!

Denis has had major character issues throughout his career, just nit what we need in our present situation.

Gordon played 300/400 minutes less than Richy last season and removing pens scored 4 to Richys 7, half of this games from Richy where at cf too whilst Gordon played out of position on the right.

We are seriously overestimating the gap between these two scoring wise. Especially as one was in his first proper season at this level and it showed on his Stamina post 60 mins.

We don't need to buy a Richy replacement for the left - we move Gordon over to his best position and I'm sure he'll match or exceed Richarlisons total of 7

They're completely different players.

Richarlison is more direct, but in terms of technique (touch, close control, passing, etc), he makes Firmino look like Platini.
They're not 'completrely different players' though are they? They have the same tasks to complete and are comparable. It's not about style of play.

And in terms of value to the team in goals, assists and overall workrate and importance to the team Richarlison even edges out Firmino.

Stop assisting a rip off.

Denis has had major character issues throughout his career, just nit what we need in our present situation.

Gordon played 300/400 minutes less than Richy last season and removing pens scored 4 to Richys 7, half of this games from Richy where at cf too whilst Gordon played out of position on the right.

We are seriously overestimating the gap between these two scoring wise. Especially as one was in his first proper season at this level and it showed on his Stamina post 60 mins.

We don't need to buy a Richy replacement for the left - we move Gordon over to his best position and I'm sure he'll match or exceed Richarlisons total of 7

This really - Gordon is best on the left. So is Gray. We already have a 1st team player and a back-up for that role. Play Gordon in his best position and buy someone who is most comfortable from the right as Richarlison's replacement

I think everyone who keeps saying we should walk away and not sell needs to explain how that's going to work out in light of these types of reports

lol wtf are you on about.

Thats the reddest reporter on the internet.

Hes so red ToffeeTV had him on their show to add to their Carragher love in.

Status
Not open for further replies.