Transfer Rumour Oleksander Zinchenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought for £1.8m
Valued around £20m
Contracted until 2024

Arsenal, Villa and Us looking at him.

If we wants to play in midfield, we could offer him that. I see him as a deep lying midfield like Barry who keeps the ball moving but also drive forward to support the attack.

Yeah when you insinuated all the people in favour of the signing were obsessed with FFP and that you had superior footballing knowledge.
I must admit, I'm often guilty of forgetting what a serious business posting throwaway remarks on a football forum can be.

I seem to remember the entire fanbase in almost unanimous agreement for a change of strategy not to be taking the castoffs of likes of city and co, and yet here we are "please sir can we 'ave some more zinchenko and ziyech"?

For some reason, City's un-athletic, weak-link reserve left-back doesn't strike me as the answer to our midfield problems.
I agree. It smacks of that talk years ago of Baines transitioning to midfield.

Bossing a match against Scotland with good movement ahead of him from Ukrainian forwards is one thing, playing there week in and week out in the PL with our hopeless attack is another matter.

Bossing a match against Scotland with good movement ahead of him from Ukrainian forwards is one thing, playing there week in and week out in the PL with our hopeless attack is another matter.
I’m skeptical at this stage, especially at the price. But I could VERY easily be swayed on this one since I’m so desperate to see a good midfielder here. And I think in general Pep is so weird that him parking Zinchenko at LB doesn’t mean he can’t play elsewhere in the Prem. It would at least be interesting.

I personally think he's being considered for left wing back as we've been linked with other left backs. I think Lampard is going to play Mykolenko as a LCB in a 3 like he done with Coleman occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.