Stake. Com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever buy a car off cazoo purely thanks to the club advertising it? People may have been swayed to use it over webuyanycar sure but I doubt anyone in the world saw Cazoo on the shirt and thought that's it I need a new motor right now and it has to be cazoo.

If someone is being swayed by Stake, they're also going to be swayed by Ray Winstone popping up on tele everyone 10 minutes, the sky bet championship and ITV Racing etc.

You are following the wrong sport if you are intent on pursuing some kind of moral high ground.
All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. There's not much I can do but draw a line that gas been crossed. Its long since been a business more than a sport - and today I jibbed it off.

When possibly the most corrupt, sociopathic, deceitful and amoral government I can ever remember ban gambling advertising in football (this is how low its sunk) - then I'll look again to see if the club still exists.

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. There's not much I can do but draw a line that gas been crossed. Its long since been a business more than a sport - and today I jibbed it off.

When possibly the most corrupt, sociopathic, deceitful and amoral government I can ever remember ban gambling advertising in football (this is how low its sunk) - then I'll look again to see if the club still exists.
1654791127537.png

Did anyone ever buy a car off cazoo purely thanks to the club advertising it? People may have been swayed to use it over webuyanycar sure but I doubt anyone in the world saw Cazoo on the shirt and thought that's it I need a new motor right now and it has to be cazoo.

If someone is being swayed by Stake, they're also going to be swayed by Ray Winstone popping up on tele everyone 10 minutes, the sky bet championship and ITV Racing etc.
You know that the companies who sponsor football clubs do it to gain new business. It's not a donation.

I was thinking about this a few days ago. Has there ever been any research done on how much of an impact a shirt sponsor has in terms of consumer uptake in a brand? Or any direct correlation to an increase in profits etc?

I've never drunk carlsberg (so their sponsor had the opposite affect in terms of brand aware for me anyway) but I've also never bought Chang myself.

The only time I bet with Sportpesa was when you got a free everton shirt for doing so.

Last edited:
You know that the companies who sponsor football clubs do it to gain new business. It's not a donation.
Gain business yes but I doubt its from thin air. I imagine 99% of their potential target market from sponsoring us will already have a Skybet, Paddy Power, William Hill account. Nor do I think an Everton sponsor is anymore likely to make an addict relapse over the other countless ads and sponsorships. We've got William Hills inside and close to the ground which I'd imagine is more of a temptation to addicts than a sponsor

Gain business yes but I doubt its from thin air. I imagine 99% of their potential target market from sponsoring us will already have a Skybet, Paddy Power, William Hill account. Nor do I think an Everton sponsor is anymore likely to make an addict relapse over the other countless ads and sponsorships. We've got William Hills inside and close to the ground which I'd imagine is more of a temptation to addicts than a sponsor
Clearly Stake did not create gambling addiction but they certainly profit from it. You're fine with that, ok, many people are not. It's not faux outrage, it's disappointment and yet another sign that Everton is no longer a community club. It's not a surprise but it doesn't mean people have to be happy about it.

Clearly Stake did not create gambling addiction but they certainly profit from it. You're fine with that, ok, many people are not. It's not faux outrage, it's disappointment and yet another sign that Everton is no longer a community club. It's not a surprise but it doesn't mean people have to be happy about it.
When would you say we were a community club in that case? Itd have to be pre Chang since that's a company that profited off alcoholism. Feel like people are upset the club have gone against values they've never claimed to have bar the CEO making one comment about in ideal worlds

It's also a sign we, as a business, want money. Reckon Chang didn't invent alcoholism but we were with them for a decade, I was unhappy with how much people liked it for 2 reasons - I'm an ex alcoholic and didn't like it on my team, and it's a distinctly average (at best) beer. But guess what? Not only was the beer crap, we were also a virtual unknown in Thailand - I've had friends go there on holiday, I've asked for a shirt, they had 0 anywhere. As a kicker - we received no money.

So no money, no marketing, no standing abroad... to be sponsored by a crap beer. At least we get SOME money now.

Absolutely appalled that so many on this forum are putting money before morals. I am so disgusted that we have gone back to gambling as our main sponsor. The peoples club my backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.