Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallagher saying this morning that it's boring being linked to other clubs, think the lad desperately hoping if Tutchell not giving him a chance Palace buy him

I've always thought there's no chance of Gallagher coming here.

If he's not part of the Chelsea setup then there's no reason not to go back to Crystal Palace. He's had a great season there, and obviously fits well into Viera's framework.

Your problem with Thelwell is, it’s very hard to know how much involvement he’s had with the Mendes clients.

So he could have been hugely instrumental in bringing them in, or he could have been a passenger.

As he’s almost gone under the radar, it’s very lazy journalism to suggest he’s going to flop.

End of the day he’s been part of a club who brought in Dendoncker, Neves, Saïss (before the takeover), Jota and Raul Jimenez.

I guess we’ll see what he’s worth this summer, but being recommended by Cahill, personally leaves me with some confidence going forward.

I think given the stature of the mess were in, right now, that if consider it a successful summer if we bring in.

Tarkowski
Colwill
Broja
Gallagher

That is dependent on literally no out goings. If we do sell DCL and Richarlison then I’d be hoping for a few more bodies in the mix.

Do worry if we lose both and end up getting Lewis-Potter as the replacement. Absolute talent, but fear we’d be setting ourselves up for a slog again.

For me mate

Tarkowski (no brainer to get him in)

Broja - yup - huge upside and almost certainly available at not an insane price

Gallacher - can't see us buying him but could see a loan (pray God it has an option to buy in) but if we sold players to be able to afford him go all in whatever it'd cost at 22 I think Chelsea will decide yes or no this season if he's part of the first team, another loan - hes 23 and had about 4 seasons loaned out - they don't make it at Chelsea after that - they'll decide his future this summer.

Cowil - is a loan - don't think Chelsea would consider selling with his age being only 19.

I'd add in Zinchenko to that list - available and could be convinced by the fact he's be starting every game in his favoured position.

Lewis Potter - again would be a good purchase too.

And Dacoure from Lens for circa 15m would be a good pickup, fact he's wanted by Vierra is a huge plus to go for him too.

Tarkowski - free
Broja - circa 15m?
Cowil - loan
Lewis Potter - 20m?
Dacoure - 15/20m?
Gallacher - loan/30-40m?
Zinchenko - 20m?

Think that's what we have to look at - obviously to get close to getting most we'd need at least one BIG sale and several of the others going for fees too

But if we break it down - Dacoure, Zinchenko, Gallacher for roughly ballpark figure of 80m would be offset maybe by Richy (or close to being) if he goes.

Would massively upgrade the team.

Pickford (Begovic)
Patterson(Coleman) Keane/Holgate/Godfrey- Tarkowski(Cowil) - Mykolenko (Godfrey)
Cheik Davoure (Allan/Davies) Gallacher (Iwobi) Zinchenko (c)(Dacoure)

Gordon (Dobbin) Deli/ Lewis Potter
DCL (Broja/Simms)

That's if Say Richy was sold and we got rid of Gray and a few others, Kean going to Juve early etc, could probably lose Allan too and one cb out if Keane or Holgate

Last edited:
I've always thought there's no chance of Gallagher coming here.

If he's not part of the Chelsea setup then there's no reason not to go back to Crystal Palace. He's had a great season there, and obviously fits well into Viera's framework.

Bigger club, bigger wages, higher profile, manager he idolizes and sees as the role model for his own style of play.

Palace are currently better (pretty much down to this lads contribution in a way), but let's not make out Everton aren't a hugely bigger draw in comparison mate.

In which case Gallacher would ask to leave, why would he be happy given the spot if someone who basically doesn't play
Barkley doesn't play because he's gash and hasn't taken his chance. Gallacher may take his and with cup comps and europe you'd imagine he'll get plenty of game time. Maybe the new owners will want to make a big statement and will sign 2-3 worldies and he feels he isn't going to get those chances but speaking to a few mates who are chelsea fans, they want to see him given game time.

For me mate

Tarkowski (no brainer to get him in)

Broja - yup - huge upside and almost certainly available at not an insane price

Gallacher - can't see us buying him but could see a loan (pray God it has an option to buy in) but if we sold players to be able to afford him go all in whatever it'd cost at 22 I think Chelsea will decide yes or no this season if he's part of the first team, another loan - hes 23 and had about 4 seasons loaned out - they don't make it at Chelsea after that - they'll decide his future this summer.

Cowil - is a loan - don't think Chelsea would consider selling with his age being only 19.

I'd add in Zinchenko to that list - available and could be convinced by the fact he's be starting every game in his favoured position.

Lewis Potter - again would be a good purchase too.

And Dacoure from Lens for circa 15m would be a good pickup, fact he's wanted by Vierra is a huge plus to go for him too.

Tarkowski - free
Broja - circa 15m?
Cowil - loan
Lewis Potter - 20m?
Dacoure - 15/20m?
Gallacher - loan/30-40m?
Zinchenko - 20m?

Think that's what we have to look at - obviously to get close to getting most we'd need at least one BIG sale and several of the others going for fees too

But if we break it down - Dacoure, Zinchenko, Gallacher for roughly ballpark figure of 80m would be offset maybe by Richy (or close to being) if he goes.

Would massively upgrade the team.

Pickford (Begovic)
Patterson(Coleman) Keane/Holgate/Godfrey- Tarkowski(Cowil) - Mykolenko (Godfrey)
Cheik Davoure (Allan/Davies) Gallacher (Iwobi) Zinchenko (c)(Dacoure)

Gordon (Dobbin) Deli/ Lewis Potter
DCL (Broja/Simms)

That's if Say Richy was sold and we got rid of Gray and a few others, could probably lose Allan too and one cb out if Keane or Holgate
I'm not in favour of Tarkowski myself mate but in terms of laying out how the summer might go, otherwise that wouldn't look too bad at all.

For Tarkowski, I just think we should avoid ending up paying a kings ransom in wages by our standards to a player thats going to be on his last big contract in all probability. We should just look to avoid that way of doing things in our financial state and be more creative imo.

Barkley doesn't play because he's gash and hasn't taken his chance. Gallacher may take his and with cup comps and europe you'd imagine he'll get plenty of game time. Maybe the new owners will want to make a big statement and will sign 2-3 worldies and he feels he isn't going to get those chances but speaking to a few mates who are chelsea fans, they want to see him given game time.

Ofc they want that mate, he's one if their own, Chelsea fans by and large have wanted a lot of their younger players coming through the academy to be given the chance, but very few ever have been (most under Lampard actually)

World cup year - on the fringes of the England squad, he will want to play pretty much week in week out to get into it. Don't see how he's be happy with a few minutes here and there and starting only to rest the big players fir the important games.

On a side note, if he missed the world cup, he'll be 27 years old by the next one, it'll be a factor on his choice for sure.

Think Chelsea are looking at dropping a huge sum on Rice (funnily enough a former academy player again)

Bigger club, bigger wages, higher profile, manager he idolizes and sees as the role model for his own style of play.

Palace are currently better (pretty much down to this lads contribution in a way), but let's not make out Everton aren't a hugely bigger draw in comparison mate.
Not a chance he picks
Palace over us if it was a straight fight. For all the reasons you say, palace had a great season and got the same number of wins as us,
Worst injuries,
Worst ref decisions, and one of our worst seasons in our history.

I'm not in favour of Tarkowski myself mate but in terms of laying out how the summer might go, otherwise that wouldn't look too bad at all.

For Tarkowski, I just think we should avoid ending up paying a kings ransom in wages by our standards to a player thats going to be on his last big contract in all probability. We should just look to avoid that way of doing things in our financial state and be more creative imo.

I think it's a case of what's the defences biggest single problem, what will fix it in the simplest (short term) way.

For me it's having no one besides mina who can lead or organize and has a bit of snide about him, and the others without one if them next to them are appalling.
Tarkowski ticks those boxes,

Not a chance he picks
Palace over us if it was a straight fight. For all the reasons you say, palace had a great season and got the same number of wins as us,
Worst injuries,
Worst ref decisions, and one of our worst seasons in our history.

If he's available I think we'll get him, the Lampard connection, and also the fact we'd be likely way more accepting of giving a clause to buy him back should he REALLY develop into something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.