Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whys that mate?
We were awful in that system, yeah I know we beat Chelsea, results are all that matter and on and on. But even going no deeper than results we were pretty shocking in that set up unless you count us coming back against Palace in a different system as a win for it.

Zinchenko playing CM? Is this talk because we have been linked? If we are getting Zinchenko he will play LB instead of Mykolenko or Mykolenko going LCB with Zinchenko playing LWB.

1 - We aren`t getting Zinchenko
2 - There are far more pressing positions than LB, like CM and CB.

Cant help but think Frank is lining up to play 5 at the back and 2 in CM, if that is the case expect a relegation fight again next season.

If it is 3-4-3/5-2-3 then forget Conor Gallagher he wont fit that system, forget Dele Alli. In fact forget Doucoure, Allan, Delph, Gomes and Tom Davies who are all incapable of playing in a 2 man midfield. Iwobi will go RWB but will probably be outsted by Patterson who is far more natural in that position.
Why would he make our only other lb a cb then and go back to having no depth for lb

We were awful in that system, yeah I know we beat Chelsea, results are all that matter and on and on. But even going no deeper than results we were pretty shocking in that set up unless you count us coming back against Palace in a different system as a win for it.
As ive pointed out, the Palace result was a freak, we overloaded the attack and got a result, its totally unfeasible the majority of the time.

People are just against 5 at the back, im not even a fan myself, to make it work we would need certainly a whole new midfield.

Personally I think people need to make their peace with it, our DoF favours it and our Manager has turned to it, accept it and hope we can make it work.

As ive pointed out, the Palace result was a freak, we overloaded the attack and got a result, its totally unfeasible the majority of the time.

People are just against 5 at the back, im not even a fan myself, to make it work we would need certainly a whole new midfield.

Personally I think people need to make their peace with it, our DoF favours in and our Manager has turned to it, accept it and hope we can make it work.
I'm against 5 at the back because we're clearly awful at it.

I love Antonio Conte, I'm not against the concept.

Personally I think people need to make their peace with it, our DoF favours it and our Manager has turned to it, accept it and hope we can make it work.

We were bad with 5 at the back. But we were also bad with 4 at the back playing 433. Got torn to shreds at Palace and Tottenham. That often gets overlooked.

Maybe we are just not very good?

Status
Not open for further replies.