Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the vermin signed Robertson and were fighting for titles. Coincidence?

I don't want tarkowski but ruling out relegated players is daft

Major difference signing the odd player who gets to play alongside the calibre that they already have as opposed to packing your team out with relegated players.

Our fans are obsessed with age.

29 year old CB on a free transfer isn't going to destroy us if he joins.

Spending £200 million on dirge like Schneiderlin/Williams/Bolasie/Toshun/Walcott/Gomes/Kean is whats knackered us.
We've got an old, bad team. I think wanting to bring in mostly youth is extremely sensible.

We've got an old, bad team. I think wanting to bring in mostly youth is extremely sensible.
Its absolutely the right strategy, just not at centre half or in goal. You will get absolutely nowhere in this league with kids at centre half or in goal. You need an experienced spine and youth and energy everywhere else around them.

All you're doing is tipping the scales the other way - an old team isn't quick/energetic enough but a young team isn't experienced/clever enough.

You need a balance.

Correct but balanced with seasoned committed experience. No more sick notes
We have enough experience already and it isn't all leaving. Basically we used two young players this year. Gordon and Mykolenko. The balance is off but toward the old side.

For you guys as well, is he better than Mings or Konsa? I'm not so sure.
I would say he is fairly on par with Mings. He is a great player and I would love him for a season and a bit. But Christ, a 5 year contract would be suicide. Seamus has been a brilliant player for Everton over the years but he is 33 and past it now. Would you like to have him on 100k a week with 2 years left on his contract?

Its absolutely the right strategy, just not at centre half or in goal. You will get absolutely nowhere in this league with kids at centre half or in goal. You need an experienced spine and youth and energy everywhere else around them.
If they can play they can play. John Stones was solid for us at 20 or whatever because he's a good footballer. Dias came to City at 23 or whatever and settled easily. Quality is quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.