Are we now....popular??

Status
Not open for further replies.

True, I often fall in to that trap of thinking social media represents fan bases (inc ours at times).
If I'm being honest though if I was a non Everton fan I'd have probably got a kick from seeing us go down!
No different to his we feel about Newcastle we wanted them to go down.

A lot of people don’t watch other teams I very rarely watch any other team and couldn’t tell you if they had bad refs.
The celebration of staying up was magnified because of the match, had we won 2-0 there wouldn’t of been a pitch invasion.

Only a few games ago we where 5 points from safety with the RS Chelsea and Leicester twice and Arsenal on the last day. But to other fans it just a team who stayed up

No - were more hated than ever by most every club/fanbase, as it’s the rs infested media who have built this tellyclapping generation of idiotic football fans logic.

Let them all hate us, and Koff to the lot of them.

Another factor in this increasing hate is the way we have cone together as supporters, and what we have been doing ever since the fsw got his p45.

The team bus welcomes, the carnival atmosphere before matches and the incredible support we have been giving the team during the 90mins will have a lot of other fans very jealous of the club - you don’t see or get that with many teams, and they will see us as a threat again - if we can do this for a terrible team that’s struggling to stay up imagine what we could do for a relatively successful side? We got a little taste under Carlo with getting the songs to the top etc, but covid kyboshed that gathering any momentum.

I can only thank Frank for bringing us together the for way he has and getting the club and what it means so quickly - he’s 100% a toffee now, that’s clear from his interviews and his reaction to the match.
The RS media and media in general have been playing the Everton arnt a big club card for years by comparing us to West Ham and Newcastle who both have no history and smaller fan bases.
The last few weeks have shown them otherwise

Take the Darby in recent years, the build up is totally focused on Everton players getting sent off. Or when they go Let’s talk EVERTON next then spend 15 minutes talking about the RS

I wouldn't worry about the internet/social media toilet bowl, and the MSM is infested with RS, Klopp hoop lickers or lowest common denominator click bait hacks.

It'll vary from place to place across the country I'm sure, but I work out of a big office in the North West, with people from all over. And there was nothing but genuine congratulations all day yesterday. I had city fans, United, Stoke, Villa, Leeds, others including a few reds, all honestly pleased we'd got over the line and were still in the prem.

One United fan said "You'd never want Everton to go down, not Everton'. More importantly saying that the game and the scenes afterwards were 'epic', 'heartwarming', 'just lovely to see', 'proper, proper club'.

I also work closely with some consultants down south who said they'd never seen anything like it in the prem and 'amazing fans'.

Once you get outside the online cesspit I think most fans/neutrals saw it for what it was, great night of football, outpouring of emotion and relief and a well earned conclusion to a horrible season.

Often social media doesn’t even represent actual people!

It played very well in America. They stayed with the postgame scenes for a good 10 minutes and talked about the fans basically willing the team to safety and what Lampard needs to do to not have this happen again. (Wonder what Robbie Earle thought of those scenes sitting at the pundit desk… he did play for that Wimbledon team in 1994.)

But you can’t do this all the time or it doesn’t work. The Stuttgart fans went absolutely berserk when they stayed up in stoppage time last week but they’re under the cosh almost every year. If Everton do that, then they’re like a Wigan or Sunderland and people will think their demise is inevitable one of these years.

Agreed.

If relegation battles and late season redemption became a regular occurrence the type of reaction we saw on Thursday would not be replicated.

Don't help with players posting all their own videos over SM, fair enough on the pitch but there are only so many times you want to see Holgate prancing about with his shorts pulled down ?

Haha, new accounts have some basic anti spam vetting - when a first post is like that I take a closer look and it was obvious really.

Besides I read enough of all your nonsense on here to be arsed seeing what you're all doing elsewhere.
You should delegate out the task of weeding out these undesirables , blatant Kopites posing as Blues etc. I can see how you couldnt be arsed yourself, so all you have to do is give the keys to your IT kingdom to someone on GOT to hunt them out, someone honest, trustworthy, reliable who wouldn’t take advantage of …….ah , I see the problem .

I wouldn't worry about the internet/social media toilet bowl, and the MSM is infested with RS, Klopp hoop lickers or lowest common denominator click bait hacks.

It'll vary from place to place across the country I'm sure, but I work out of a big office in the North West, with people from all over. And there was nothing but genuine congratulations all day yesterday. I had city fans, United, Stoke, Villa, Leeds, others including a few reds, all honestly pleased we'd got over the line and were still in the prem.

One United fan said "You'd never want Everton to go down, not Everton'. More importantly saying that the game and the scenes afterwards were 'epic', 'heartwarming', 'just lovely to see', 'proper, proper club'.

I also work closely with some consultants down south who said they'd never seen anything like it in the prem and 'amazing fans'.

Once you get outside the online cesspit I think most fans/neutrals saw it for what it was, great night of football, outpouring of emotion and relief and a well earned conclusion to a horrible season.
Social media(this included but not as much) has completely taken over ppl lives. I drive all day everyday and the amount of ppl I see stopped at lights looking at youtwitfacegram is unreal. Everyone everywhere is on their phone all the time(me included on here lol) and because they are behind a screen they feel they can say and do what they want and all they care about is getting x amount of like/followers. In a few years time people won’t be able to communicate with each other because they won’t no how. You see kids now hang around and there sat on their phone message each other.
Tribalism is becoming a real problem on social media as well even between Everton fans. Twitter evertonians hate Kenwright but FB evertonians like him.
Finally to stop my rant I seen All sorts of xyz of RS fans on Twitter but the RS I know In person arnt like that

Status
Not open for further replies.