Are we now....popular??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already had an agreement in place for how we got around that anyway didnt we, no doubt the press and co took no notice of it just to suit themselves, so a none story just to have a mona about Everton while Oppo fans join the band wagon

Athletic ran stories months ago saying we are in constant contact with the league and they were happy. But that's why we spent relatively little.

I suppose there are also a lot of wages coming off our books this summer, which helps the position as well going forward.

I hope not.....

We should feed on this narrative going forward, make Goodison a place that teams hate and a team everybody hates. I would love us to sign players from Atletico Madrid type mould, that will do absolutely everything and anything to win.... Leicester almost got relegated under Nigel Pearson but finished the season strongly, we know how they carried that momentum forward in the following years.

Will be hard to sustain the atmosphere and build up we had in recent weeks but it clearly gave our players a massive boost, sure beats negativity and booing I guess.

I was just going to post that I've never experienced so much "hate" against Everton than the last couple of months. What did we do? Is it because people dislike Lampard or..?
Its not new, its been there in some form since the very early 60s...(or even earlier for all I know) though it's worse now.*
* There have been times when we've not helped our selves is true.
Yet Heysal get a photoshoped out???
It's a strange one indeed and comes from many, often seemjngly contradictory things.
They are anti Everton by virtue of being pro rs, yet, at the same time, anti Scouser ( and it is 'a thing') then with many of the South of England rs 'supporters' / cult members there is the North Vs South thing too.
The Media, print and electronic are mainly London based and have always had a love affair with Arsenal, Spurs, etc.while at the same time engaging in a Post Munich love affair with their mistress, up in Manchester, then were unfaithful to them with another mistress in Liverpool - I don't know where they get the energy from.
And don't even ask about the BBC

Last edited:

Not if Twitter is a benchmark. We seem to be hated from all corners of the earth.

None more so than Newcastle. Where has that come from? There's 'fans' on there saying they absolutely detest Everton. Very strange behaviour.

Question asked and answered in your first sentence

Twitter is a cesspool which is unrepresentative of the wider football world and indeed the wider political world.

It gives voice to every saddoe and ma’s basement dweller as can use a computer.

Spilling hate and bile is way more prevalent on Twitter than it is in the real world.

True, I often fall in to that trap of thinking social media represents fan bases (inc ours at times).
Often social media doesn’t even represent actual people!

I know this isn't where the question was going, but I'll say this - abroad I think this relegation scrap and the scenes after victories plays well. If you're not a glory hunting fool, if you didn't know as much about Everton before, you do now and would want to support a side with this much passion. It can only increase awareness, which is a good thing in the global economic landscape that is football.
It played very well in America. They stayed with the postgame scenes for a good 10 minutes and talked about the fans basically willing the team to safety and what Lampard needs to do to not have this happen again. (Wonder what Robbie Earle thought of those scenes sitting at the pundit desk… he did play for that Wimbledon team in 1994.)

But you can’t do this all the time or it doesn’t work. The Stuttgart fans went absolutely berserk when they stayed up in stoppage time last week but they’re under the cosh almost every year. If Everton do that, then they’re like a Wigan or Sunderland and people will think their demise is inevitable one of these years.

Last edited:

It played very well in America. They stayed with the postgame scenes for a good 10 minutes and talked about the fans basically willing the team to safety and what Lampard needs to do to not have this happen again. (Wonder what Robbie Earle thought of those scenes sitting at the pundit desk… he did play for that Wimbledon team in 1994.)

But you can’t do this all the time or it doesn’t work. The Stuttgart fans went absolutely berserk when they stayed up in stoppage time last week but they’re in the cosh almost every year. If Everton do that, then they’re like a Wigan or Sunderland and people will think their demise is inevitable one of these years.
Yup. It was very complimentary.
It was a shame though that they didn’t have Tim Howard for half-time, post-match commentary.
Would have loved to hear from him

Hated?
"Mersey Millionaires" for a reason. It's easy to hate the one at the top, dislike Alex Fergusons manchester united? of course you do. Being second best unifies those that havent won. Its part of the territory. youve got to be something before anyone notices enough to dislike you. part of it is jealousy, envy, bloodymindedness, then theres the haters, fudge them as well.
first football stadia built.
pele and eusebio.
william ralph dean.
they pretend they dont know, but there is no football without Everton. ALL of them, every last one would kill for 10% of our story, history, standing. we won the title at anfield before they ever existed.

Its why they have been so keen chopsing off over our demise, anything to see something totemic fall, like this country hasnt had enough go to the wall the thirst for someone elses pain and suffering is psychotic. Let the neanderthals circle-jerk themselves into oblivion (at Murdochs tune I hasten to add) when they wake up and realise theyve nothing itll be themselves to blame. keeps ringing true that huh....

No - were more hated than ever by most every club/fanbase, as it’s the rs infested media who have built this tellyclapping generation of idiotic football fans logic.

Let them all hate us, and Koff to the lot of them.

Another factor in this increasing hate is the way we have cone together as supporters, and what we have been doing ever since the fsw got his p45.

The team bus welcomes, the carnival atmosphere before matches and the incredible support we have been giving the team during the 90mins will have a lot of other fans very jealous of the club - you don’t see or get that with many teams, and they will see us as a threat again - if we can do this for a terrible team that’s struggling to stay up imagine what we could do for a relatively successful side? We got a little taste under Carlo with getting the songs to the top etc, but covid kyboshed that gathering any momentum.

I can only thank Frank for bringing us together the for way he has and getting the club and what it means so quickly - he’s 100% a toffee now, that’s clear from his interviews and his reaction to the match.

But you can’t do this all the time or it doesn’t work. The Stuttgart fans went absolutely berserk when they stayed up in stoppage time last week but they’re under the cosh almost every year. If Everton do that, then they’re like a Wigan or Sunderland and people will think their demise is inevitable one of these years.
Very true, the club has got to turned upside down and inside out starting with who makes the decisions at the club with Kenwright and his hangers on cronies replaced with people who know how to shape and make a top football club run.

I hope Mr. Moshiri sells the club to people who know how to do this and will make Kenwright release his sickening hold on the club and we can start a fresh new and successful club who look at mediocrity with scorn and build a club and squad of players ready to battle for silverware every season, no means easy but so much better than just looking up at the top clubs, we will be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.