2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's come up huge for us in the run in. Playing through injury, playing every minute of every game.

Yeah, he made a massive mistake yesterday. And then he goes and atones with a goal-saving tackle at 2-0 and by winning the free-kick that gets us the winner.

He's a club great. He deserved to win something here as much as Baines, maybe he still will. He asked the club to replace him as a starter over two years ago and they failed.
Did he? I didn't know that.

He is in the team because he is the last remaining true Evertonian in the squad who has any sort of leadership skills. It is not for his football ability and he has made so many mistakes this season which makes it hard to be credible to the other players.

For example, when they see him make a mistake and then he tries to tell them what to do, how can they think anything else but "sort yourself out first"?

So the question is, who can take on that mantle of being a proper Evertonian captain and leader on the pitch?

He is in the team because he is the last remaining true Evertonian in the squad who has any sort of leadership skills. It is not for his football ability and he has made so many mistakes this season which makes it hard to be credible to the other players.

For example, when they see him make a mistake and then he tries to tell them what to do, how can they think anything else but "sort yourself out first"?

So the question is, who can take on that mantle of being a proper Evertonian captain and leader on the pitch?
There's more to being a captain then on the pitch

Your valuation as a newbie to this Board. Lots of you lot about in the past few weeks. Gammar?? Nazi has a capital N and there is an apostrophe in What's.

Is English your second language?
Newbie who joined 2 an a half years ago. Admittedly I don't live on here like you. Ill try and stay on here morning, noon and night to get my valuation up. What an achievement.

Frank Lampard “This man is one of the very best I have ever met, both as a man and as a player”

~16 mins
Going to go with Frank’s assessment rather than yours thanks, enjoy your day dissing our captain.

??? oh thats settled it then. Excellent right back, first name on the team sheet. Enjoy watching him trip over his own feet all next season then mate.

It's gonna be difficult to replace him as captain with us being woefully short of leaders. I'm not keen on keepers being skipper, with them being so far back down the pitch and I don't think Pickford would handle it well - he's been noticeably calmer recently and seems to play better. Holgate and Mina have leadership qualities but Holgate probably shouldn't be a starter, Mina can't stay fit. Maybe Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.