The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to rebuild the ground first because the roof came off after that third goal! No but seriously we have a lot of work to do..

Attachments

• 10D0AC9F-BD86-4D3E-87D1-3C29489FDDD2.jpeg
    10D0AC9F-BD86-4D3E-87D1-3C29489FDDD2.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 78
That has to be 275k a week off the books this summer, no? Isn’t Tosun on some absurd number like 90k a week?
Probably not far off to be fair. If you say for arguments sake Gomes and Allan go as well this summer. Then throw in the wages of dvb and el-ghazi Your probs talking £500k a week off the wage bill.
Circa £26m a year in savings, just on deadwood. That money can bring in some quality.
Plus that is before you start talking about the likes of Coleman, if he goes, then player sales and getting in younger/cheaper/hungrier players.
We could actually be in a very good place to do some good business.

It will be interesting to see what he does over the summer both in terms of personnel and how he wants to set us up.

I was frustrated how he set us up in the first half yesterday, especially as getting overrun in midfield has been a constant theme.

Is he going to go with a three in midfield? Get better players? Or both? He can't go into next season happy about 30% possession every match.

It will be interesting to see what he does over the summer both in terms of personnel and how he wants to set us up.

I was frustrated how he set us up in the first half yesterday, especially as getting overrun in midfield has been a constant theme.

Is he going to go with a three in midfield? Get better players? Or both? He can't go into next season happy about 30% possession every match.
Probably 3 in midfield and more of the ball - it's how Chelsea and Derby played. We tried that on several occasions but Everton'd it up every single time.

I don't mind us having the occasional 30% game as well tbh, as long as it's a clear direction and we win lol

He will want to evolve to his favoured 433 with one holder

He will want 1 CB, an RB on loan if Patterson is not ready, a deep lying midfielder in the Barry\Carsley mould. I think Iwobi is suited to play in this formation but think we would need another signing for the 3rd midfielder. I think we need an intelligent creative type that can play as a wide attacker to give us balance as there is not enough guile in Gordon, Gray, Townsend and a replacement striker for DCL or Richie. A tough ask for one window with pretty limited funds

This summer
Sigurdsson
Delph
Kenny
Lonregan
Tosun

Next summer
Mina
Richarlison
Coleman
Alan
Nkounkou
Davies
Begovic
Towsend
Broadhead

I think we may end up extending Kenny and Delph for a season, I’m not saying that’s a great idea, I just feel it will happen.

We may also look to sell Alan, Mina and Richarlison this summer as it’s our last chance to get any money for them before they leave in free’s the following year. Ideally I would like us to extend Richarlison’s contract but I don’t think he would sign, he’s in a great position now to go to a top 4 team either here or abroad.
Incorrect mate. 2024.

Release: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

Loan return: van der Beek, El Ghazi

Sold: Kean (€31m), Virgínia (€5m)

Likely to go: Mina (Our best CB albeit injury prone, unless he signs a new contract, Tarkowski could be his replacement, for free), Gomes (Big wages, offer nothing, hope we get a couple of millions back), Gbamin (Done).

25 men squad:-

Keeper: Pickford, Begović, Crellin
Right-back: Patterson, Coleman
Left-back: Nkounkou, Mykolenko
Centre-back: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski (free)
CM: Allan, Doucouré, Davies, Gallagher (loan with obligation to buy, he idolised Frank by the way)
AM: Iwobi, Dele
Winger: Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Johnson (£20m)
Striker: Calvert-Lewin, Rondón

Young players off to the Championship or League 1 on loan to gain experience. Boardhead (24 though), Simms, Price, Dobbin, Onyango.

We keep all our best players without breaking ffp. Offer our best players extensions. Happy days.

Last edited:
Release: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

Loan return: van der Beek, El Ghazi

Sold: Kean (€31m), Virgínia (€5m)

Likely to go: Mina (Our best CB albeit injury prone, unless he signs a new contract, Tarkowski could be his replacement, for free), Gomes (Big wages, offer nothing, hope we get a couple of millions back), Gbamin (Done).

25 men squad:-

Keeper: Pickford, Begović, Crellin
Right-back: Patterson, Coleman
Left-back: Nkounkou, Mykolenko
Centre-back: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski (free)
CM: Allan, Doucouré, Davies, Gallagher (loan with obligation to buy, he idolised Frank by the way)
AM: Iwobi, Dele
Winger: Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Johnson (£20m)
Striker: Calvert-Lewin, Rondón
You were doing so well until that point . . . . .

We keep all our best players without breaking ffp. Offer our best players extensions. Happy days.

We also keep several of our worst players. Players who've helped get us into this mess, players who've for whatever reason just not been performing to the level required. Not saying that your solution is ridiculous at all, but if the option of a much bigger clearout was available to you, wiuld you take it ?

Gilmour an interesting shout. Was awful this season. But was good for Frank at Chelsea.

I could see Chelsea offloading about a dozen guys. Do we have any interest in CHO (maybe), Loftus-Cheek (no), Mount (yes), or Pulisic (yes)

Can't remember what season it was, it was fairly recently though, when we got are ins n outs done really quickly, although really UnEverton, the same again please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.