2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Gomes played for Portugal in their victorious Euro 2016 campaign, he played as a wide midfielder. Similar in style to the way David Beckham would play as a wide midfielder.

This is actually his best position. We don't play 4-4-2.

I remember watching pre-injured Gomes keeps possession with his strength and skill. Not many players could knock him off the ball. He is the guy for us to keep possession and beat opposition's press in the midfield.

Sadly after that horrific injury, you could tell how much weight/muscle he has loss after 1 year of absence. And by that time, we have switch into a more defensive, counter-attacking team. And you could tell that the speed and aggressiveness of our game is just too much for him now. I see him trying to press but I think that's not his game,

I hope we are able to move him as I believe he is one of the highest earners and we need funds for new players.

yeah at times, but he had flashes of brilliance. the break got rid of any chance he had to bounce back, imo

He was out for 8 weeks, it didn’t impact his footballing ability. He’s never been any good, we got carried away after a couple of half decent performances, again, just like we did with Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Allan, Doucoure etc etc etc.

i blame his leg break. really sad honestly
This 100% - wasn’t the same player and linked to his previous troubles with mental health, it finished him.
He was out for 8 weeks, it didn’t impact his footballing ability. He’s never been any good, we got carried away after a couple of half decent performances, again, just like we did with Schneiderlin, Cleverley, Allan, Doucoure etc etc etc.
There was definitely a footballer there, you don’t sign for Barca at that time he did if you are not a talented footballer. When he first signed he was dynamic, strong with and without the ball and passed forward - he did get a bit worse but the injury finished him here, there’s no argument.

He should be moved on - I don’t want to see him in the squad next season but wish him all the best.

I remember watching pre-injured Gomes keeps possession with his strength and skill. Not many players could knock him off the ball. He is the guy for us to keep possession and beat opposition's press in the midfield.

Sadly after that horrific injury, you could tell how much weight/muscle he has loss after 1 year of absence. And by that time, we have switch into a more defensive, counter-attacking team. And you could tell that the speed and aggressiveness of our game is just too much for him now. I see him trying to press but I think that's not his game,

I hope we are able to move him as I believe he is one of the highest earners and we need funds for new players.

What?? He was back in the first team after 10 weeks???

Status
Not open for further replies.