The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Chelsea will loan out Gallagher again
Remember reading there has been a massive change in the amount of loan players a club can have out. Chelsea had 23 or players on loan this season and it will have to drop to about 9. So they need to make alot of serious calls on some of these loan players they will be forced to sell many. Of which there is plenty quality ones

Hope moshiri leaves the whole recruitment along and doesn’t try to bring players he’s been recommended ie El Ghazi.

Frank needs to clear out a lot of deadwood, but be able to bring the players in he wants and he wants only. I suspect we will go for young hungry players, similar route to what palace have done. I believe a few loans aswell would be beneficial. Be interesting to see with his Chelsea connections if we bring anyone in from there aswell. I must stress a playmaker is vital someone that can take a set piece, there needs to be massive changes. But I think we’ve found the right fit Frank. I’m excited for next season and the future now.

I've said this for years now. As fans, we need to be realistic.

We've hounded managers and players over the years because we've finished midtable. We all wanted Europe and demanded it. But we've never had a god given right to it. Next season, our expectations need to be set in reality. A mid table finish and continue building on it.

For me, we clear out the deadwood and any players who aren't up for the fight/will command big fees. We stop purchasing "big names" or expensive signings and we focus on bringing in hungry players. With a promise that, if they give us 2 or 3 solid seasons, we'll help them progress to a club in Europe etc. We sell them for profit and use the money to bring in another 2 or 3 hungry players. Players in the short term will see us as a stepping stone.

This ensures we have players turning up every game to impress and fight. No more players sitting on a fat wage.

We also need to ensure we have a concrete 11. This season has seen us switch players almost every game. The defenders haven't become settled with each other. The midfield hasn't. They need to bond and get to know each other on the pitch.

Give Frank 3 years, no meltdowns and tantrums when we're not in Europe after a season. Build and progress.

Not sure where we are financially but even if we keep Richy, Pickford and DCL we need as a minimum a dominant (character) CB, and depending on formation a holding midfielder and a creative mid.

Tosun, Siggy and Delph leaving frees up a lot of wages. Who is going to buy Mina for a reasonable fee given his injury history. Keane I can see back at Burnley and would do well there. Gomes will go and we can't afford VDB unless a loan. Allan seems out of favour and again may go - I assume that he will be on good wages. Dele a star last night but it has taken a long time to get him in and will he be consistent?

The worrying aspect is that if we lose Richy and DCL we lose our goals almost entirely. I like Gray but there has not been any consistent end product over the last few months.

On the plus side Mykolenko, Patterson, Branthwaite and Gordon have plenty of potential.

Just can we please learn from other teams. Yes Championship players may not excite us but West Ham and Villa have done well with those kinds of players. Less of emphasis on signature signings.

Hopefully it s a whole new ball game, and a whole new beginning, we have to not feel like we have to stick with players who's contracts are ending and not give them 1 year deals or more for the hell of it, while getting rid of so many more if we can, i didnt like the way we give the likes of Broadhead a 2 year deal for the "u23s" for example in the hope we could get a decent fee after 1 year which would no doubt be a small fee, he should have just went to where ever for me

Just had my 12th.

Lots of lurking for the last 4.

The midfield needs work. The rest may have to wait until we can get new sponsors sorted and some of the waste off of the last 2 annual reports.
CM desperately needs changing. CB should be another position to strengthen.

We need improvement almost everywhere, but our inability to control games from CM is a huge problem.

Feel its a really big job to turn the oil tanker around and play in the way the manager wants and according to our philosophy.

I think we need something in every line.

Center half - we're awful at set peices, we need a couple Mina our highest earner is great when he plays but he doesn't play.

Center midfield - we need steel and battlers, i like Allan and Doucoure and i wouldn't be opposed to keeping both next year and them starting, but we need guile, a bit more steel and a technicial player, who can dictate rhythm and tempo, play through the lines and control possession.

Creativity: you get it from a 10 an 8, on the flanks or your full backs - this is a priority, to my mind we have poor creative players and we dont get the best out of DCL and Richarlison, essentially anything the lads did this season they fought for or created themselves.

The summer is going to be a tough gig, lets not fool ourselves that we will have financial limits and we will need to be creative and we cant get one wrong. Thats before we look at who may go and need replacing.

The squad list is becoming manageable however, we are down to about 24 on July 1 st.

Last edited:
Warning shot across the bows has been served.
We cant go into another season hoping we just win some games on grit and passion when staring down the barrel of a gun.
The midfield needs a almost complete re build. We dont control virtually any single game we play because the middle of the pitch is so void of ability.
Cant actualy remember the last time i saw an Everton midfield actualy look comfortable on the ball.
I feel good today as it feels like a piano has been lifted off my back. But i also know we've been warned.

Feel its a really big job to turn the oil tanker around and play in the way the manager wants and according to our philosophy.

Center half - we're awful at set peices, we need a couple Mina our highest earner is great when he plays but he doesn't play.

Center midfield - we need steel and battlers, i like Allan and Doucoure and i wouldn't be opposed to keeping both next year and them starting, but we need guile, a bit more steel and a technicial player, who can dictate rhythm and tempo, play through the lines and control possession.

Creativity: you get it from a 10 an 8, on the flanks or your full backs - this is a priority, to my mind we have poor creative players and we dont et the best out of DCL and Richarlison, essentially anything the lads did this season they fought for or created themselves.

The summer is going to be a tough gig, lets not fool ourselves that we will have financial limits and we will need to be creative and we cant get one wrong. Thats before we look at who may go and need replacing.

The squad list is becoming manageable however, we are down to about 24 on July 1 st.

Mate, hell no.
Thats a big part of the problem. Allan is now to slow and injury prone. Doucoure just isnt good enough.

Mate, hell no.
Thats a big part of the problem. Allan is now to slow and injury prone. Doucoure just isnt good enough.

I disagree mate, i like both and i rate both, ive no illusions of them being the greatest technical or creative players in the world, they are what they are and i think they are very good at what they are and i think they bring qualities, i think we need those qualities in the squad. I think we add to it, instead of taking away.

Id be open minded on a deal for Allan if it worked for us and we could player trade, but The Duke no way.

I disagree mate, i like both and i rate both, ive no illusions of them being the greatest technical or creative players in the world, they are what they are and i think they are very good at what they are and i think they bring qualities, i think we need those qualities in the squad. I think we add to it, instead of taking away.

Id be open minded on a deal for Allan if it worked for us and we could player trade, but The Duke no way.

Squad players maybe. Tbh there is work to be done in most of the areas of the pitch but we simply need better quality in midfield. Im not sure how anyone can watch our midfield and think otherwise.

Creativity: you get it from a 10 an 8, on the flanks or your full backs - this is a priority, to my mind we have poor creative players and we dont get the best out of DCL and Richarlison, essentially anything the lads did this season they fought for or created themselves.

The problem is our fans want 20 players oot the door but it just isn't realistic with our financial constraints.

Unless one of Richarlison / DCL or Pickford leaves we'll be doing minor business realistically particularly USM sponsers are in suspend.

The likes of Doucoure are the least of our worries to be moving on in the summer.

Squad players maybe. Tbh there is work to be done in most of the areas of the pitch but we simply need better quality in midfield. Im not sure how anyone can watch our midfield and think otherwise.

No i dont think so mate, i think we miss them when they arent in the team. You need a divesity of players, Allan and The Duke bring what they bring, we need that and we will need that, we add to i wouldnt take it away. I agree we need more techicnial focus in midfild and creativity in midfild, i think Dele is very good also, but i think we add to it, instead of taking away bite, energy, presence press and physicality that Allan and Doucoure bring. The Duke is staying anyway. I dont think its all or nothing i think we add to what we have and try and improve. One fundamental in football, is you cant trigger your quality unless you win your battle, both of them bring value there - particularly the Duke, i thought he was brilliant last night, hes not spraying 40 yard passes every game - tats not his game, but he was everywhere last night, never lifted his head and fought everyone, incredible shift.

We had the likes of Gomes and DVB on the bench and that is a case in point, both are superior techinically to say the Duke, the game ate Gomes and swallowed him up, DVB is far better technically for either, but wouldn't have been effective and would have went the same way, we needed to win the war and battles last night, the Duke delivered once Gomes went of and he got proper support, we arent winning last night without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.