2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes nearly cost us our survival
Never want to see him in an Everton shirt or on the bench
Al least Lampard rectified his mistake in playing him in the first place
Gomes is finished and at times I doubt he really gave his all

He tried but he didn’t have the pace to compete with Eve, Especially in a 2 man midfield. Ali and Iwobi much more mobile. I do hope he revives his career somewhere else. He’s given good moments in a blue shirt especially in his 1st season.

Two years left on his deal so it's the right time to get rid, not only for contractual reasons but also because he's been absolutely terrible for a long, long time now. Nobody can look at him and think he will find a way back to form and gain an extra yard on the field. Gone are the days of him being able to control the tempo of the game. He'd look better with better players around him, but he's not good enough for this league and far, far too slow and ill-disciplined. Anything up to 10m would do.

I think we have to be realistic. We won't get fees for some of the many players we must rid ourselves of. So, in such cases, Lampard needs to make it clear that his job is not to "protect" the club's investment by "protecting" the values of players, it is to win football matches with players who have some chance to increase their values. If that means a dispute with Thelwell and the hierarchy, so be it. I'd back Lampard on that because anything less than a purge will have Lampard out on his arse before the World Cup. If you can't sell them Frank, banish them to the under-18s. We need new standards at this club and a Champions League winner like yourself has some idea what these standards must be. Gomes OUT!

Done at this level, not nice too see people struggle but he can't hack the pace of the league and he can't seem to hold people off like he used to. Real shame because he is talented technically.

Feel for him, he's lost everything since his injury.

No pace, no awareness through sheer fear

Can't cut it in the premier league.

Good luck Andre

A shambolic performance to go with a couple of years of other shambolic performances.

Hopefully that will definitely be the last time we have to see him in an Everton shirt. Huge howler by Lampard to play him, could have been an absolute disaster of a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.