Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not that far fetched, because it isn’t the league that will do it.

If Abramovich owned a corner shop it would’ve been shut down the day he was sanctioned. They are only operating on a special license from the government.

If Abramovich digs his heels in or scuppers the sale I don’t think the government can allow a Russian asset to start the new season, and if he moves the goalposts I don’t think they can agree to his terms and send 1.5 billion his way while sanctioned.

So Abramovich either accepts he is not going to see penny one from this, as he initially promised the government and the fans, or he burns it all to the ground. His call as far as I can see.
Just seen it on SSN if he doesn’t sell by the end of May Chelsea could go bang

One team looking over their shoulder could be Southampton only 3 left Brentford and Leicester away and loveable reds at home. They could end on 40 probably enough but you never know
Someone on here said they’d put a cheeky little bet on Southampton to go down. So I looked at the table, looked at their fixtures and then did the same!!
At 250-1 with Paddy power thought it was worth a punt.

If Abramovich owned a corner shop it would’ve been shut down the day he was sanctioned. They are only operating on a special license from the government.

If Abramovich digs his heels in or scuppers the sale I don’t think the government can allow a Russian asset to start the new season, and if he moves the goalposts I don’t think they can agree to his terms and send 1.5 billion his way while sanctioned.

So Abramovich either accepts he is not going to see penny one from this, as he initially promised the government and the fans, or he burns it all to the ground. His call as far as I can see.

Now that would be funny, Leeds are due to be relegated but Chelsea swoop in instead……

Bit of a strange call to even suggest we are being helped. Been on the end of a few shockers this season. The City handball is probably one of the worst decisions ever made by VAR to not award a penalty.
It was, but our consolation was city staying ahead of the RS

Would be some turn around that.
Of course. But I’ve justified it in my head. It’s plausible Southampton could get nothing in their last 3 games.- they’ve assumed they’re safe and ‘are on the beach’
I’ve fantasised about us getting 9 points, Burnley could well get 6 points (better GD)
Leeds getting 7 points is the anomaly.

Anyway only put a few quid down. ?

After that Burnley defeat, if you’d have said to most of us we’d pick up 2 wins and a draw out of Man U, Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea we’d have absolutely taken it.

What is key is now maintaining that effort and intensity in the next 4 fixtures which, on paper, are more favourable. None of the repeat of the Leicester game when for the first half hour they were flat and off it. No room for that now.
Need 9 points from the next 4 fixtures. Looks like Spurs and Arsenal might come down to it for the 4th spot so I’d really like to avoid needing to go there and get a result to stay up.

I think we get a result out of either of the next two games and then our home games I think it’ll be Leeds gone. They don’t have an easy run in either

Can’t the government just seize all the assets? If they haven’t already. What can he do to prevent that? How can he actually prevent a sale and who would support him in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.