Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can’t afford to his last 5 are Burnley twice City RS and I think palace, they arnt safe yet
There's a lot of teams still at risk.

We could still get to 47. Burnley and Leeds could both get to 46.

If the above happened, the most villa could then get is 46.

If saints and brentford draw on sat. They both go onto 41. And if the above had happened, brentford would finish on 41. Saints also then have Liverpool and Leicester.

The 40 point mark isn't safe this year.

4th most successful team away from home this season Brighton are, and they're still looking to get wins.
Very much a long shot, but if they win their remaining 3 (winnable) games, they've got an outside chance of nicking 7th. What with Wham and Wolves seemingly on a downward cycle.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned concerns over Burnley playing Gerrard's Villa twice before the end of the season. Maybe I'm a cynic but, with not much left to play for, will Gerrard be complicit in Burnley picking up a couple of wins? I know Charlie Austin said he'd love us to get relegated but he's a rs fan, not a Scouser. Would Gerrard also love us to go down?
If Charlie Austin ever had the ability to be manager of someone of the stature of Villa, i'm pretty sure all's he'd be thinking about is winning- just like Gerrard will be. Villa also play RS and Man City, so i'm sure he'll be delighted with 0 points from all those games and then possibly lose his job if they remain on 40 points.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned concerns over Burnley playing Gerrard's Villa twice before the end of the season. Maybe I'm a cynic but, with not much left to play for, will Gerrard be complicit in Burnley picking up a couple of wins? I know Charlie Austin said he'd love us to get relegated but he's a rs fan, not a Scouser. Would Gerrard also love us to go down?
I highly doubt Gerrard would roll over. No matter how much we despise Gerrard, the guy has been a winner most of his life. His brain is wired in such a different way compared to 99% of the population. No way he would roll over and purposely lose something. Win at all costs for an individual like himself.

I highly doubt Gerrard would roll over. No matter how much we despise Gerrard, the guy has been a winner most of his life. His brain is wired in such a different way compared to 99% of the population. No way he would roll over and purposely lose something. Win at all costs for an individual like himself.
Fair enough but he does have a tendency to slip up now and then.

He's not exactly had a great season, so last thing he will want is to lose his last 3 or 4. I don't think they will roll over, but they could lose because they aren't that good.

It’s win at all costs for Liverpool though. Wouldn’t put it past him throwing any game if it helped serve his relationship with the club he supports. Remember this is the player who gave Chelsea a dodgy back pass to make sure United didn’t win the title, that’s the sort of pettiness he’s capable of.

Fortunately I think it may work in our favour. I’m convinced he’ll want to throw the Liverpool game and beat City to make himself the kopite hero, but he can’t lose twice to Burnley beforehand otherwise he might have to beat City just to stay up. I’m hoping that means Villa will at least compete in both games against Burnley.

Seeing a fair degree of optimism on here and as much as I admire it, I can't logically understand why.

Worth pointing out that before the City game, Leeds were unbeaten in 5, having won 3 of them. Of the three teams in it, we are in the worst form.

We *can* stay up, it is possible, but Burnley and Leeds are both in better form than us and us staying up relies on us getting points away from home (Lampard has lost every one of his away games so far) as well as winning both home games, at least one of which won't be easy at all.

Again, we are the ones in the bottom 3. Not Burnley or Leeds. We are the ones who need to overtake them, when they're both in better form than us and to do that we need to string wins together which we've failed to do since the opening weeks of the season

I'm genuinely baffled why we aren't seen by the bookies as favourites to go down

It’s win at all costs for Liverpool though. Wouldn’t put it past him throwing any game if it helped serve his relationship with the club he supports. Remember this is the player who gave Chelsea a dodgy back pass to make sure United didn’t win the title, that’s the sort of pettiness he’s capable of.

Fortunately I think it may work in our favour. I’m convinced he’ll want to throw the Liverpool game and beat City to make himself the kopite hero, but he can’t lose twice to Burnley beforehand otherwise he might have to beat City just to stay up. I’m hoping that means Villa will at least compete in both games against Burnley.
You could turn that around and say the same about Lampard when we played Chelsea.
Im no fan of the slippy one, but i doubt he would do this. His current employers wouldnt be happy with him if he didnt try to win games in order to help the rs either. I dont think the guy is Einstein in any way, but i doubt hes stupid enough to toss away point his current side needs.

I still think we’re going down tho. Lampard wasnt hiered soon enough. If he was brought in last autum, we’d be safe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.