Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the table this morning can ANYONE seriously still maintain that the recent loss to Burnley WASN'T a disaster?

A draw in that game and there would still be four points between us. If we'd won, the gap would be seven points. Of course we've had well over a dozen awful performances this season (hence our current position) but the timing and enormity of the loss to Burnley was just so damaging.
Said this numerous times. This loss confirmed our fate.

All of a sudden Burnley are gonna win every game, the rest of the team's they are playing don't care or are playing for nothing and are on their summer holiday already. That is just madness. All teams are playing for something and thinking Villa will lose both games on purpose because SG in in charge ?... Burnley have only won 5 games all season and are still below us and played one game extra. Our game in hand is actually against Palace. Time we play again as I said before they could still be behind us but played 2 games more.

The panic and sheer bed wetting is understandable but it's not over yet and it's still in our hands

COYB!!

Watford have the worst home record but will be up for it so maybe they share the points
They may beat villa twice
Newcastle on current form will smash them but will they be chilling by then?
I do see Wolves and Spurs winning with whats on the line for them
So best case scenario 5pts to them, worst case 12
If they get 7pts, where do you see our 7 coming from?

Right now, based on form and opposition I see;
Liv 0
Che 0
Lei 1
Wat 1
Bre 1
Pal 1
ars 0

I'm only giving us 1pt for Bre and Pal because we are at home, both are must wins so hopefully both are on the beach
1 pt for Lei because they will be rotating into their 2nd string team but could lose it away
1pt for watford coz away but could go either way
maybe 1/3 v Che but I doubt it
ars will smash us in fight for top 4 at the emirates and liv I wish we could just give them the points so we dont have to endure it
This team is so off the rocker, I'm going to go out and say we beat Chelsea at home, win at Watford, get a point against Brentford, lose to Leicester, Palace and Arsenal. That's my 7 points.

Looking at the table this morning can ANYONE seriously still maintain that the recent loss to Burnley WASN'T a disaster?

A draw in that game and there would still be four points between us. If we'd won, the gap would be seven points. Of course we've had well over a dozen awful performances this season (hence our current position) but the timing and enormity of the loss to Burnley was just so damaging.
Nobody in their right mind would say the loss to Burnley was anything other than a disaster, but it's in the past now, no point dwelling. Not many people had us getting 3 points over United either.

All of a sudden Burnley are gonna win every game, the rest of the team's they are playing don't care or are playing for nothing and are on their summer holiday already. That is just madness. All teams are playing for something and thinking Villa will lose both games on purpose because SG in in charge ?... Burnley have only won 5 games all season and are still below us and played one game extra. Our game in hand is actually against Palace. Time we play again as I said before they could still be behind us but played 2 games more.

The panic and sheer bed wetting is just crazy.

COYB!!
Agreed. It is very concerning but I have a tough time seeing Burnley winning 3-4 games. It's hard to picture a team like Burnley, who has been so poor all season, is going to go on this amazing run and potentially finish 16th even.

Hope leeds get beat by palace away Monday, they've got some terrible fixtures after this game. Possibly get sucked in if they lose this one imo

Agreed. It is very concerning but I have a tough time seeing Burnley winning 3-4 games. It's hard to picture a team like Burnley, who has been so poor all season, is going to go on this amazing run and potentially finish 16th even.

I think they will at least two more, and a draw or two minimum.

Nobody in their right mind would say the loss to Burnley was anything other than a disaster, but it's in the past now, no point dwelling. Not many people had us getting 3 points over United either.
If we stay up, in my opinion, it's going to come from the most random set of points that nobody will predict. Wins at home vs Chelsea, at Arsenal, etc.

If we stay up, in my opinion, it's going to come from the most random set of points that nobody will predict. Wins at home vs Chelsea, at Arsenal, etc.
We've got a really tough run in, but we can absolutely be up for these fixtures. I'm writing Liverpool off but you just don't know with the other games, this season has been a Rollercoaster for most.

I don't see us beating Chelsea at home as such a shock. We have shown at times we can perform at home and we are unbeaten against them in 4 at Goodison. Won our last 3

I don't understand how away form can be so bad. I mean, don't the players claim Goodison puts too much pressure on them ?
It has to be an issue with their mentality: they have no belief away from home.
From their last four games, they've won two, drawn one and lost one. With their experience of a relegation fight, they seem to be getting a bit of a bounce.

Wolves at home is a winnable game too, but what we've got to hope for is Wolves still fighting for those European places.

Good point. Next 4 games tough - Palace A, City H, Arsenal A, Chelsea H

Would be lovely if they slipped backwards.
Relegation is still very likely and well deserved!
Benitez turned the squad into an absolute wreck (more than it was) and drove out our only two creative players. Think it’s a coincidence we can’t score goals?? He also gutted the team’s confidence

Not to mention ripping up our medical and scouting departments without adequately replacing them, and allowing our only transfer money to be spent on completely the wrong players.

Lampard has made mistakes, but he’s been fighting with one hand tied behind his back
Thats nonsense.The mummy boy plays in the dessert now. Why do you think he isnt playing at a decent level. To blame Benitez for that is Lol. Digne has gone downhill after a good first seaason and is NOT better than Mykolenko. Th e scouting and Brands is the first reason we are in the trouble we are now. Benitez got us 19 points . How many points Lampard will get?

Status
Not open for further replies.