Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think trying to steal Moyes Center back targets is a great idea. I have no idea if Tarowski can play a higher line but to discount him on a free because keane played for them is foolish and Moyes has such a great eye for a centre half.
Remember we were so close to Manolas for £500k could potential have turned out to be his best ever signing
Same i think we will prob bring two cb in with holgate and maybe mina going out. Would be a good deal to get him and bring another in.

I think trying to steal Moyes Center back targets is a great idea. I have no idea if Tarowski can play a higher line but to discount him on a free because keane played for them is foolish and Moyes has such a great eye for a centre half.
Remember we were so close to Manolas for £500k could potential have turned out to be his best ever signing
Per Koldrup says hi.

Didn’t he go on to make over 100 appearances for fiorentina and play in the champions league for them. I remember fiorentina being in the same group as Liverpool and fiorentina beat Liverpool twice in the group stages to top their group. Pretty sure kroldrup started the game at anfield that they won 2-1.
He did, he never played in a league where bravery and an ability to win an Ariel challenge though.

No and no.

This is simple guys. Type the perspective players name into Google. Look at the age. If the number there is greater than 25 move on. We need a young, fresh revamp. If they're older than 25 and we're the best offer they have it means they aren't good enough for where we want to go. If they were they'd have offers from those teams in the European places.

I don't agree mate. Moyes wasn't afraid of bringing in older players when it was right to do so; when they offered value for money and were brought in to provide a couple of years good service. Moyes will be all over Tarkowski. Eriksen on a one or two year deal would work well for us imo.

Rigidly sticking to a below 25 only policy won't bring success. Gbamin, Klaassen, Sandro and Iwobi were all below 25 when we signed them, and they remain some of our most disastrous signings to date. Balance is required, and it's more about attitude and ability than it is about age.

Didn’t he go on to make over 100 appearances for fiorentina and play in the champions league for them. I remember fiorentina being in the same group as Liverpool and fiorentina beat Liverpool twice in the group stages to top their group. Pretty sure kroldrup started the game at anfield that they won 2-1.
Couldn't jump and couldn't head the ball either, was purely a ground based player, was never going to work in a Moyes defence. A very odd signing from Davie.

I don't agree mate. Moyes wasn't afraid of bringing in older players when it was right to do so; when they offered value for money and were brought in to provide a couple of years good service. Moyes will be all over Tarkowski. Eriksen on a one or two year deal would work well for us imo.

Rigidly sticking to a below 25 only policy won't bring success. Gbamin, Klaassen, Sandro and Iwobi were all below 25 when we signed them, and they remain some of our most disastrous signings to date. Balance is required, and it's more about attitude and ability than it is about age.
The core of the current West Ham team is players signed at younger ages.

You still have to scout properly, plenty of people knew Sandro and Klaassen wouldn't work as they happened, but it gives you a chance.

Take the best player off of every team not in the top 7 currently and you end up with a team that can't finish in the top 7 still.

The other way.

VVD, Allison, Mane, Salah.
Salah and Mane were both 25 but good try I guess.

Yes the other way that works is to be one of the most prestigious clubs in the world so you can sign the world class players in their prime. But we're not talking about Van Dijk we're talking about James Tarkowski. We aren't attracting top tier talent.

Salah and Mane were both 25 but good try I guess.

Yes the other way that works is to be one of the most prestigious clubs in the world so you can sign the world class players in their prime. But were not talking about Van Dijk we're talking about James Tarkowski
If somebody is 25, are they not over the age of 25?

:hayee:

Please dont answer.

The core of the current West Ham team is players signed at younger ages.

You still have to scout properly, plenty of people knew Sandro and Klaassen wouldn't work as they happened, but it gives you a chance.

Take the best player off of every team not in the top 7 currently and you end up with a team that can't finish in the top 7 still.
I don’t know about that. Unless you mean you can literally only have 1 player from each team I would say that’s definitely wrong.

Signing loads of old players is a bad idea but you can’t be ruling out everyone over 25 as a blanket rule, it’s just daft. We need to build a young nucleus but that can be supplemented by good value older players who fit what we’re trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.