Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want Godfrey anywhere near this team next season.

I just dont see a player.

Another one you got wrong then?

Godfrey is certainly one for the position and with time can be a very good CB. But I think CB is every bit the problem area that RB is. It's gone under the radar because of the number of CB we have, but none of them are good enough apart Godfrey - who is still learning that position at PL level.

I mean other than VVD and a few at City are the rest of the CBs in this league anything else?
There's loads better than him.

He's been around the first team for 2 seasons now and no one can put their hand on their heart and say what position he's supposed to be good at.

Doesn't get into any half decent Everton team EVER.

Anyone heard of Antonin Barak?

Im going to pretend to say yes, when I really havent, check transfermarkt and look at YouTube.

Then masterfully fit him into a projection of a 3 man midfield, before loosing my mind that he’s 27 and we shouldn’t signing be players who were born before the first Harry Potter book was published.

FFS Everton.

Another one you got wrong then?
Yes, I said "He CAN be a very good CB" and that "he's still learning the position". Well, he didn't become one because he hasn't progressed at all.

At least try and understand what you think your vaulting.

Im going to pretend to say yes, when I really havent, check transfermarkt and look at YouTube.

Then masterfully fit him into a projection of a 3 man midfield, before loosing my mind that he’s 27 and we shouldn’t signing be players who were born before the first Harry Potter book was published.

FFS Everton.
You'd change your mind again after a few Barak O'Blammo's... (already got my coat. Byeeeee).

Sounds very good, who would your ideal (realistic) new.centre back be ?

Id bring in Bremer from Torino.

I disagree with that opinion. I think we a leader with him, he could be a hell of player. Someone who is regular and they could build a partnership. A Mina type player but who ain’t always injured

Godfrey was also motm imo against United. Definitely needs a partner.

Eh I guess. It probably isn't a good comparison because they might actually be able to spend like City and so it won't matter that they've overpaid on a lot of older players.

We probably can't do that, so while doing what Newcastle did might be ok for awhile it'll hurt us longer term and leave us far short of any longer term success.
In other words, for Ncastle, it wasnt bad business at all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.