Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club has just posted losses of about 6000 trillion, lost all its sponsors and will finish almost rock bottom, losing about 30million in the process in prize money, but Zatmania here isnt concerned about finance.
Would love to know which clubs will be queueing up to take Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Davies, Dele, Rondon, Gbamin et al off our hands.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're unable to shift a single one of them come the start of next season, assuming we stay up.

This is on you. This is on all you speculative little humble brag YouTube scouts urging the club to sign fancy fans who eventually poison us. Pipe rar down you’re worse than kopites.

Mate, its the telegraph and totally untrue, as we will not be in Europe, therefore wont effect us!

Profit and sustainability for the premier league, we are also in an agreement with the premier league, thus avoiding any punishment

When we challenge for Europe we are never mentioned by the media, now as we are fighting to avoid relegation we are daily click bait by the media vultures

I would express more anger towards said vultures, rather than a few FIFA bullshit pioneers on a fans forum!

Please have a chat with Keith to see how you could have approached this better ???

Can't allow any of these players to pull the wool over our eyes in the final 8 games, no matter the relief that we'll all feel if we survival and the momentary gratitude we'll feel towards the ones who contribute the most in saving us.

These players, to a man, are muck and that can't be forgotten at the end of the season. Gordon aside, every single one of them needs to be transfer listed and we need to completely rebuild the team.
This point warrants repeating.

I listened to a Twitter space last night where someone actually advocated renewing Delphi's contract, on the basis that his performance against Utd "shows what he brings to the squad". The most astonishing recency bias I think I've ever witnessed.

We're on this mess because of the players. If we do avoid relegation that's great, and any strong performances in the next eight games will draw deserved praise... But escaping relegation by a narrow margin is NOT a good enough standard for this club.

The out of contract players should be ushered out at the earliest opportunity, and replaced with younger up-and-coming players from the championship on more realistic wages, with a variety of triggers for bonuses written into their contracts. The high-earning non-contributors need to be sold, even if it's for buttons. Some of these goons are on £6m a year and this ongoing cost causes continuing financial difficulties. Spurs showed us the way with the structure of the Dele Alli deal - let them go for no intitial fee, but provide triggers in the deal which can result in fees later on.

There's very few I'd keep at this stage. Rumours of Roma wanting Gomes for £16m are too good to be true, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Allan is a player I like but if he really is attracting interest around £10m in Italy then he can go too. We need to free up a large chunk of the current payroll, and we need an infusion of new players.

This point warrants repeating.

I listened to a Twitter space last night where someone actually advocated renewing Delphi's contract, on the basis that his performance against Utd "shows what he brings to the squad". The most astonishing recency bias I think I've ever witnessed.

We're on this mess because of the players. If we do avoid relegation that's great, and any strong performances in the next eight games will draw deserved praise... But escaping relegation by a narrow margin is NOT a good enough standard for this club.

The out of contract players should be ushered out at the earliest opportunity, and replaced with younger up-and-coming players from the championship on more realistic wages, with a variety of triggers for bonuses written into their contracts. The high-earning non-contributors need to be sold, even if it's for buttons. Some of these goons are on £6m a year and this ongoing cost causes continuing financial difficulties. Spurs showed us the way with the structure of the Dele Alli deal - let them go for no intitial fee, but provide triggers in the deal which can result in fees later on.

There's very few I'd keep at this stage. Rumours of Roma wanting Gomes for £16m are too good to be true, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Allan is a player I like but if he really is attracting interest around £10m in Italy then he can go too. We need to free up a large chunk of the current payroll, and we need an infusion of new players.
Yes I also saw someone on here advocate giving Delph another year, just astonishing really.

Unless it's written down somewhere that you're not allowed to change an entire team in one transfer window, that's what we should look to be doing. I could count the number of players on one hand who I wouldn't be actively trying to sell this summer.

Not sure if I'm in the minority but I'd be driving DCL and Richarlison out of the club on the first day of the window if there's any takers. Hopefully get big fees for them and invest in attackers who can actually play together and get more than 5 goals in open play between them.

Last edited:

Linked with Christian Eriksen, huge pinch of salt as always.

I wouldn't be against it on a short contract 1/2 years. He has true quality.

But I can't see him just back stabbing Brentford tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.