Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you……thank you……thank you. Thank you Everton for that win today. Thank you Mr Lampard. Thank you the players. Just a big thank you.
Much appreciated. Three points. And a clean sheet.
Now to build on that. Let’s beat Leicester city next.
Football is a funny old game. But nothing funny about today. It was bloody nerve wracking.
But there you are ……we won. Up the Toffees.
Ps……I think now that a draw between Watford and Leeds might suit us. And here’s hoping that Norwich take something against Burnley. A few favourable results to help us. Then we ourselves win a few matches. Great stuff.
A week is a long time in football. And supporting Everton proves that. Phew….
A week? Try 53 years :)

The wife is going to be landed, she doesn't care about football but during the last 15 minutes I emptied and refilled the dishwasher, wiped down every surface in the kitchen twice and organised the crisp cupboard in order of best-before date.

Thanks Blues.

P.S. Is Match Of The Day still on the telly?

Imagine how deflated Burnley Leeds Watford fans are feeling seeing that score come in. They definitely would’ve had this down as an Everton defeat.
TBF I'm sure Dyche wont let him team be bothered about it at all. If they do their job tomorrow, it's game on again, with the pressure on us to prove we can string 2 performances and 2 wins together for the first time in god knows how long.

Several options for MotM today and I couldn't argue against Pickford or Delph, but for me it was Alexander Chuka Iwobi (and not the first time I've voted him MotM this season)
He has taken a lot of stick from a large section of fans, some of it deserved, but most of it way over the top.
I think he is a player who has benefitted more than anybody else from Lampard's appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.