Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have I asked for players a year younger than Gordon. He is 20, so after players 20 and under.

The MOTM stuff is somewhat subjective, and perhaps better stated as his teams best player. For me that would be Gordon is the following games:
Brighton Home
Aston Villa Home
QPR away (admittedly cup)
Watford Home
Chelsea away

I'm sure there may be others, but happy to reduce the criteria to 4.

I'll await your example of 50+ players, who are 20 and under who have performed better tha Gordon in the equivalent context. Just as a quick point of order, Haaland is older than Gordon so doesn't qualify.

The reality is, for a lad of his age, Gordon is doing very well, and there are not 50+players of the same age and younger outdoing him.
The 50 was clearly in response to you just saying one of the best in Europe, it was before you moved the goalposts. I was the same in thinking of genuinely top players and thinking you'd lost your mind but now that we've reduced the criteria to 'players under 20 who have played well in some games' then I'm with you that he's in that bracket.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Dobbin fares for the rest of the season, I hope he gets some opportunities.

The 50 was clearly in response to you just saying one of the best in Europe, it was before you moved the goalposts. I was the same in thinking of genuinely top players and thinking you'd lost your mind but now that we've reduced the criteria to 'players under 20 who have played well in some games' then I'm with you that he's in that bracket.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Dobbin fares for the rest of the season, I hope he gets some opportunities.

Yes I should have been a bit clearer. I think hes done really well this season.

As for Dobbin, I like him and think he might have a higher ceiling than Gordon, but we will see.

I think he has the same roll your sleeeves attitude as Gordon and definitely has a future at the club, I don’t think all the issues are up top it’s defending and transition from defence to midfield which is so poor. Newcastle to be fair looked more assured than us in recycling the ball when in possession. We have to be braver and if that means a couple of bold decisions in the back 4 then so be it.

I think he has the same roll your sleeeves attitude as Gordon and definitely has a future at the club, I don’t think all the issues are up top it’s defending and transition from defence to midfield which is so poor. Newcastle to be fair looked more assured than us in recycling the ball when in possession. We have to be braver and if that means a couple of bold decisions in the back 4 then so be it.
The issue is almost always our midfield. When they play well, we compete. When they don’t, BOOOOOO HIssSSSSS

It’s a bit of both I think mate, I was watching the Wolves game from the main stand not my usual spot (season ticket Gwladys for my sins) and even though he had a bad game Van de beek was showing a lot for a short pass into midfield and we constantly pushed wide then back then to Pickford. I don’t think that is being coached that is fear of a mistake and these players need to be braver and need to be a bit calmer. It’s the one area of the pitch where there is a bit of time with movement and intelligence. Even with a press

Should have started today - think back, a mixed team of stars & under 23s got a point at Chelsea.....
They did mate and I feel Benitez missed a trick with that to be honest. They rode their luck but showed character and put their bodies on the line, and the crowd will give the kids a pass if they make a mistake. Dobbin is talented and has got a bit about him. He deserves some minutes off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.