Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres an argument Gordon has been our player of the season so far.
I don't think so.

This is the kind of hyperbole that I'm talking about in relation to certain players, but especially Gordon. He has been OK.

He is at best 5th place behind Gray, Richarlison, Doucoure and Townsend. Even Pickford is in with a shout and I've been 1 of his biggest critics.

It will be interesting to see how he progresses under Lampard and if he can get games with the 1st choice front 4 almost certainly going to be Alli, Richarlison, Gray and DCL.

Isn't Dobbin more of a second striker? I wouldn't mind seeing him and DCL when Richy is injured. I think that duo would frighten defences especially if he came on for Richy in the second half?

I don't think so.

This is the kind of hyperbole that I'm talking about in relation to certain players, but especially Gordon. He has been OK.

He is at best 5th place behind Gray, Richarlison, Doucoure and Townsend. Even Pickford is in with a shout and I've been 1 of his biggest critics.

It will be interesting to see how he progresses under Lampard and if he can get games with the 1st choice front 4 almost certainly going to be Alli, Richarlison, Gray and DCL.

Hes been a lot better than Townsend mate.

I think Gray has been better, but Gordon has been very very good. He has proven a lot of people wrong.

I don't think so.

Townsend started off well, as what you would expect from a journeyman. Was poor 5/6 games pre injury and since coming back. Offered nothing v villa while Gordon came on and was our best player in just 30mins.

Gordon has been better than him the 2nd half of the first half of the season if that makes sense. And would be in team every week before Townsend for me. Personally I’d shift Townsend on in the summer, I don’t see him getting anywhere near the staring 11 under lampard

I don't think so.

He absolutely deserves to be ahead of Townsend whose goals in my opinion have covered the fact that basically he is an ordinary hard working player. I certainly hope, although Gordon won't be a starter in my view, when everyone is fit, he will be the first player brought on, because he can be a Game changer with his pace and directness.

Hes been a lot better than Townsend mate.

I think Gray has been better, but Gordon has been very very good. He has proven a lot of people wrong.

Townsend started off well, as what you would expect from a journeyman. Was poor 5/6 games pre injury and since coming back. Offered nothing v villa while Gordon came on and was our best player in just 30mins.

Gordon has been better than him the 2nd half of the first half of the season if that makes sense. And would be in team every week before Townsend for me. Personally I’d shift Townsend on in the summer, I don’t see him getting anywhere near the staring 11 under lampard

He absolutely deserves to be ahead of Townsend whose goals in my opinion have covered the fact that basically he is an ordinary hard working player. I certainly hope, although Gordon won't be a starter in my view, when everyone is fit, he will be the first player brought on, because he can be a Game changer with his pace and directness.

Townshend has scored 6 and got 3 assists in 20 games in a struggling side, that's a 1 in 2 goal involvement, and he's played the last couple of games recovering from a broken foot.

It's funny, because if you can't base it on effort, work rate, and goal involvement, what sort of intangible criteria are we basing Gordon's player of the season performances on? His ability to take corners?

Given injuries and Cup tied players he could see some game time this weekend.

He impressed against Chelsea when we were set up to defend. I would think we'll be more gung ho against Brentford.

It would be a good opportunity to impress and build momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.