Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our owner has made poor choice after power choice. We only know how it should have been done in hindsight, so it’s a bit pointless saying what he should have done, we are where we are right now. He pumped in plenty of cash, we can’t argue with that, he has also promised us and is delivering a new Stadium.

Allardyce didnt help, he bought Tosun. He goes into clubs and buys useless players on high wages with long contracts, it’s almost as if he gets commission. he saves the club that season but the rot has set in. Almost every club he has been brought in to save ended up going down, I think we are the only exception but it’s hard to keep track.

Appointing Lampard was like sacking the titanic captain and making the cook captain after the iceberg had already hit. We aren’t at the stage where we need snookers right now but we could do with some points on the board. We are somewhat fortunate that there are team around us that are worse than us but if they have a little bit of fortune and we do not, we could be in a very bad situation.

Playing the blame game is fine but it lets others off the hook, namely the players, a lot of them have seen many managers come and go. There are many people that could be blamed for the road to where we are now but the players are our only answer to this crisis and they need to work hard to get us out of it. I can only hope they finally see that, if not we are screwed.

It's up to each and every individual to get behind their team through thick and thin, I know that's difficult for you because you support so many other teams.
I've been going to watch Everton for 55 years and I'm not giving in like you when there's still points to play for.
I'm not giving in either, but i do acknowledge the seriousness of the situation. People have every right, to express their concerns.

As soon as I got home from the game today I took my dog on a walk and found myself wandering slowly and aimlessly. I had to do it because my wife and kids would have got a load of grief from me through no fault of their own.

Now I’m lying in the dark thinking nothing but Everton and what we’ve become and the mess we’re in. 94 and 98 and I knew we’d pull ourselves out it but today I find myself in the acceptance part of the grieving process.

People say it’s only football but Everton is mine (and your) life. It’s everything.

I love them so much I hate them.

Three points on Thursday and then park this relegation fight for a week while we have a go in the cup and mentally recover.

That's the short term goal for this club.

Wins are like rocket fuel for confidence.

Nil Desperandum my blue comrades. Dont lose any sleep over this just yet. I'd still rather be outside the bottom three and have 12 games to play than 9 games...which those below and above us have to play apart from one.

Three points on Thursday and then park this relegation fight for a week while we have a go in the cup and mentally recover.

Nil Desperandum my blue comrades. Dont lose any sleep over this just yet. I'd still rather be outside the bottom three and have 12 games to play than 9 games...which those below and above us have to play apart from one.
As much as I want us to win a trophy, I really couldn’t care less about the Palace game, if we don’t beat Newcastle on Thursday then a cup win isn’t automatically going to solve matters especially when we’ll be an extra 3 bodies down squad wise for it

Lost my hair in the nineties, wimbledon Coventry games. This will see me off come on show some balls we're everton ye feckin everton, grow some players our great support doesn't need this. Away supporters second to none. Sort it out we're better than the crap around us how have we ended up here ffs

Three points feel almost impossible. I don't know how you can say it with such ease. If the performance is anything like the last two we have no chance at all. Playing out from the back is putting us in trouble. We are out of ideas and lumping the ball forward praying for one of Gray, Richarlison or Gordon to produce something magical. The players were a complete no show today, why was that when they know how much trouble the club is in? Wolves were playing with so much ease and it's possibly the most one sided game I've seen in living memory. If ASM is playing on Thursday then I will be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.