Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is delusional. DCL’s value has plummeted and Mina is more or less unsellable. Richarlison, Pickford and Gray would command fees, but would need replacing.

Gordon is the undoubted star and we should try and keep him, but I doubt we could.

Relegation will be a massive massive shock. We will end up with all the hangers on we have unable to dispatch. We would immediately run onto Championship ffp rules, and will face a 20 point deduction.

We are in existential danger.

Still would easily fetch £40 million even in the fizzy pop league.

Watkins went for £33 million, Behrama/Godfrey went for £25 million, Cash, Bowen etc went for £20 million and none were as high profile or English internationals.

If not this season, it’ll happen next season as nothing will change at the top
This is my worry, even if and it's a big if on that showing today that we do stay up. Then what?? We don't just need a rebuild we need most of a starting 11, we need a top class centre back and captain/leader. Couple that with the loss of sponsorship, on top of an already bleak financial performance that limits spending and the conclusion has to be that the future does not look good.

Been going and watching the blues for over 25 years and I can't remember ever witnessing something as gutless as today. At 1 down I would have rather have thrown everything at it to salvage something, even if we had lost another 2 goals doing it, what was there to lose?

I'm finding it hard to find the positives, and if it was my prediction now I would put my money us going down, as sad as that is.

Any chance of us actually changing, would need the sale of the club to someone who could run it properly. The man at the top hasn't a clue, and he has put people in key positions that equally don't have a clue.

This is delusional. DCL’s value has plummeted and Mina is more or less unsellable. Richarlison, Pickford and Gray would command fees, but would need replacing.

Gordon is the undoubted star and we should try and keep him, but I doubt we could.

Relegation will be a massive massive shock. We will end up with all the hangers on we have unable to dispatch. We would immediately run onto Championship ffp rules, and will face a 20 point deduction.

We are in existential danger.
I agree, But we have to stay up. We may hate the team the players but we have to back them the manager. I felt the tension today. It felt different to City and it wasn’t nice but obviously understand it and it’s not going to help us. But the players understand it all too well and they don’t want to be the team to send us down.

Thank God we never got Eddie Howe eh? What a disaster that would've been if you'd have read anything on here. An Everton supporting manager who had remarkable achievements at a tiny club. Replicating it at side who are and have been garbage with a couple of smart acquisitions.

A fantastic manager.

I like Frank, but his record ain't a patch on Howe, who continues to do a fantastic job.
I said similar on the Newcastle thread. Eddie Howe is a top manager in my book. We should have hired him last summer.

Still would easily fetch £40 million even in the fizzy pop league.

Watkins went for £33 million, Behrama/Godfrey went for £25 million, Cash, Bowen etc went for £20 million and none were as high profile or English internationals.
Wonder if player valuations going to take a hit with less oligarch cash sloshing around and a world recession looming. A dip in player valuations across the board would be no bad thing. I bet Villa regret that £33m

Status
Not open for further replies.