Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to look on the bright side. Big clubs that go down usually come back at some point. Villa, Leeds, Man City. 1st step is getting Kenwright out and all his acolytes throughout the club. Then Moshiri. Then rebuild.

The problem is Frank has absolutely zero margin for error.
Today I could see Pickford wanted to belt it up but Holgate and Godfrey wanted to play out from back. When we did get in behind it was thru build up play.
But these players are just not good enough to carry out simple instructions.
We need to stop playing out with Godfrey and Holgate, both of whom look terrified on the ball.

Looking at our remaining games compared to those around us in the table I can’t see any likely scenario that we go down. Nonetheless even if we do go down, I will still support my Everton loud and proud!

At least we’ll get a load of new grounds next season…

Can’t think of anything else. Gonna be a dark ride for the club this.

People keep saying we'll be OK and that there's three worse teams. We won't be OK and there aren't three worse teams.

Newcastle - 14 points in the past six games
Brentford - 6 points in last two games
Burnley - 9 points since start of Feb
Leeds - 10 points since start of 2022
Norwich - 7 points since Jan 15th
Watford - 7 points in the past month
Everton - 9 points since SEPTEMBER

You're living in a dream world if you think that we'll be ok. It'll take a miracle that make 94 and 98 look laughable to save us this season.

Last edited:

Yes parachute payments, £40m instead of £100m in your 1st season down then reducing £10m-£15m per season.... this club would not sustain a £60m hit in revenue and lost sponsorship if we got relegated on top of record losses for the last 4 years, we could be even worse than the Leeds scenario, I cant stress just how catastrophic it would be, none of our players have relegation clauses!

We would get £60 million alone selling the pair of DCL & Mina then you have Richarlison, Pickford, Gray, Gordon etc. And the likes of James, Digne, Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny all off the books with likely a few cowards like Gomes and Iwobi.

We would romp back up in our 1st season as well - even kin Holgate looked like Maldini in the Championship for WBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.