Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't end up like a Sheffield Wednesday. Aston Villa recovered pretty quickly when they went down. Hopefully we'll do the same, if the worst comes to the worst.
Villa were lucky to be bought at a critical time for them. Maybe the stadium being build and our fan base will attract some serious investors, but knowing our luck we'll get another muppet.

The opinions that Gordon is somehow worth keeping and not as much to blame for the mess we're in as anyone else makes me laugh. He runs around a lot but has no end product. He's not good enough for the Premier League and i doubt that he ever will be. People talk about him improving his decision making. He's 21 and has probably been playing football at a significant level for over 10 years, if he hasn't got good decision making by now it's unlikely that he ever will. I know that he's a 'home grown youngster' and that, because of that fans want him to come good and/or are reluctant to criticise him but i can't see him positively affecting any of our remaining games. The current praise for him is like that for Tom Davies when he first broke through, wishful thinking or a reluctance/inability to give a critical and dispassionate assessment of his ability for fear that it would be seen as a betrayal of the youth system/fan base/club.

we will be gone long before the last game
At this rate, yes.

We've all watched football long enough to see changes in fortune though.

A win against Newcastle to get us clear a few points on Thursday and then a free shot at Palace to get to Wembley.

That would be the boost we need.

And let's have it right: they might be doing better than us atm but Newcastle and Palace are not City followed by Liverpool.

Momentum can still be had. All it takes is a goal or two and we're moving in the right direction. Maybe.

Bottom line is that we shouldn't be reaching for the bleach too soon. All is definitely not lost. Anyone saying so is wrong. It's fear talking.

The scary part is we didn’t plan for relegation so the club is going to be shaken from the bottom up. Redundancies to staff and a massive clear out of players, it’s going to be a fire sale in the summer - whilst this all sounds great in practice, vultures will be circulating to pick off our players for pittance if we cant get bidding wars (and who is going to do that for our dross). It’s going to set us back years.

And the people responsible buying the most incompetent talentless footballers I have ever seen in all my 50 odd years watching Everton.
There lies a major cause of the problem. Since our success in the mid 80s we been devoid of any clear direction from the Board to develop the club.
Kenwright gor lucky with David Moyes but in the period from 2004 until 2016. We lived from hand to mouth whilst our rivals all moved ahead of us.
Moshiri has failed to insist that there is an effective Board in place to protect his investment. He has interfered in major decisions and allowed a fortune to be paid for inadequate players. We have no evidence he has learnt any lessons.

ll in all, what is happening now is the result of about 37 years of poor leadership and unfortunately the current incumbents give us no hopoe they know how to put things right.

At this rate, yes.

We've all watched football long enough to see changes in fortune though.

A win against Newcastle to get us clear a few points on Thursday and then a free shot at Palace to get to Wembley.

That would be the boost we need.

And let's have it right: they might be doing better than us atm but Newcastle and Palace are not City followed by Liverpool.

Momentum can still be had. All it takes is a goal or two and we're moving in the right direction. Maybe.

Bottom line is that we shouldn't be reaching for the bleach too soon. All is definitely not lost. Anyone saying so is wrong. It's fear talking.
Is that really you dave?

The opinions that Gordon is somehow worth keeping and not as much to blame for the mess we're in as anyone else makes me laugh. He runs around a lot but has no end product. He's not good enough for the Premier League and i doubt that he ever will be. People talk about him improving his decision making. He's 21 and has probably been playing football at a significant level for over 10 years, if he hasn't got good decision making by now it's unlikely that he ever will. I know that he's a 'home grown youngster' and that, because of that fans want him to come good and/or are reluctant to criticise him but i can't see him positively affecting any of our remaining games. The current praise for him is like that for Tom Davies when he first broke through, wishful thinking or a reluctance/inability to give a critical and dispassionate assessment of his ability for fear that it would be seen as a betrayal of the youth system/fan base/club.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen

13 wins puts us on 61 points.

giphy.gif
Ok, 58 points!

giphy.gif

I have said for weeks we will be OK we have to much to go down.
After sitting there watching that today, for the first time I now believe that we really might go down.

22 points at this stage of the season?
And confidence non existent.
And where the next win is coming from .
Sorry mate,I disagree.
That's just wrong. We have ganes in hand on clubs in the relegation zone. How is that worse than having to get a win in the final game of two seasons?

Starting 11 for the first game of next season...

Begovic - Sorry, gone the in summer: Tyrer
Coleman
Keane
Holgate
Mykolenko

Davies
Warrington
Gordon

Broadhead
Simms
Dobbin

Everyone else has been sold or flogged for nothing.
So you are replacing our whole midfield and attack with most of our U23 team and leave our crap defense at the club. Get real !!!
If we get down we need to keep the Godfreys Doucoure and Gray's and blood Patterson Brantwaite and buy leaders/fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.