Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 5 years ago when we finished 7th, and we firmly established ourselves as the best outside of the top six.

But then Steve Walsh/Ronald Koeman made those signings, we allowed Lukaku to leave without a replacement lined up, and the transfer activity that ill fated summer set us back years.

The journey to now starts back in summer 2017. Really this club in the past 5 years, is a text book example to any club on how not to spend money imo.

Some of our players need to never put on the shirt again or we are not getting out of this, and the first two on my list are Keane and Gomes

13 wins puts us on 61 points.

giphy.gif

I
It was 5 years ago when we finished 7th, and we firmly established ourselves as the best outside of the top six.

But then Steve Walsh/Ronald Koeman made those signings, we allowed Lukaku to leave without a replacement lined up, and the transfer activity that ill fated summer set us back years.

The journey to now starts back in summer 2017. Really this club in the past 5 years, is a text book example to any club on how not to spend money imo.

I agree. Being 7th regularly was really not that bad, because the top 6 were hard to reach, and to play for them either volatile at times or hard to nail down a place in their team. We were at least on the up, a little innovative, good character team with the potential to break into the top 6 with some investment and luck. Outside the top 6, or even in spite of the top 6, we were definitely an attractive team to come and play for. Now, after this, i'm concerned that if it doesnt work now, managers and good players might swerve the opportunity to come and play for us because of the apparent mismanagement and instability behind the scenes as well. Outside the top 6, if up and coming players want to play in the premier league, they're probably thinking Villa, Leicester or West Ham now...its a shame, and we need to turn it around somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.