Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know at the moment is the USM sponsorship totals something like 20 mill a year. I suspect we've gotten that this year already. We've suspended sponsorship arrangements, not cancelled them. So its the strategic play, a few months is a long time and as public attention shifts, developments happen, or sanctions move, i suspect we will reassess. The morality around that is open to debate. But greed usually wins out and there will be plenty of powerful people both in the east and west loosing out due to sanctions - that it is inevitable in the long term - even as a "sign of peace and good will" that they will move them when the worlds eye and P.R. priority is elsewhere.

Away from anything else like shareholder loans and debt to equity etc - well Usminov has no stated official role at the club - though the long held suspicion is there that Moshiri is his proxy, so how that could impact depends on what you believe really.

The worst thing about this is that the Tories in particular are propped up with backhanders from Russian oligrachs, and now they want to punish us.

I'm 'kin apoplectic with rage over these scum.

Kenwright's boat has been seized from Formby beach

s-l400 (2).jpg

The point you highlighted was in reference to causing refugees which I’m not sure any of the things you quoted did to a great extent?

I’m well aware that capitalism results in companies and countries doing unpleasant things. Wasn’t really the point.

Weapons don't cause refugees? The materials of war don't cause refugees? The physical objects that cause the destruction of peoples homes, the ability to live a life free of threat, loss of livelihood and life, don't cause refugees? You mad bro?

I wonder if kenwright is regretting selling to the Russian backed Iranian now

His beloved club indeed

Yeah, coz he could see this coming couldn’t he. Don’t see many people complaining 5 years ago about it. Rich owner, new ground, spend loads of dosh. Doeasnt work out, war in Russia. Now comments like this. Take your hindsight & shove it………………………………

Status
Not open for further replies.