Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Everton be forced to close Goodison? Usmanov doesn't own Everton Moshiri does. Unless the two are so intrinsically linked that you sanction one you sanction the other.

nadine dorries, a woman the would suck russian stooge boris johnson off on telly if it would advance her career, the dumbest of the dumb tories and a kopite scumbag is behind this nonsense no doubt

It's over for Everton as a club with ANY ambitions to compete at the top level or play its football in a new stadium.

I'm not sure why that's not being computed by some. Shocked and dazed with the speed of the developments is one reason; being *assured* by others that we can just as easily attract another billionaire saviour is another.

It's time to face up to this: we are utterly cratered as a football club and if not this season in the very next couple we will be leaving top flight football for perhaps a very long time.

i have never ever ever ever ever ever ever known someone with hatred for a club he is meant to “support” you don’t.

block time

If the Oligarchs can sue for millions maybe that can fund the ground? tax payers paying for the build, now there’s transparency for the funding.

This is absolute madness and there's been no decent explanation given

Its come from this for anyone who's missed it - Times Political Editor so a very well connected source and whether its nonsense or not it'll be true that people in DCMS are saying this

Though could they have got the situation wrong and be talking about the NEW stadium, as in they've heard "Usmanov paid for the Everton stadium/naming rights" and got the wrong end of the stick?

I saw that tweet and wondered maybe if there's crossed wires or the guy just doesn't know football. I suppose prior to cutting ties with USM we could've been forced to close the *training* ground, since that is what the primarily sponsor. There's no reason to have to close the stadium.

This is absolute madness and there's been no decent explanation given

Its come from this for anyone who's missed it - Times Political Editor so a very well connected source and whether its nonsense or not it'll be true that people in DCMS are saying this

Though could they have got the situation wrong and be talking about the NEW stadium, as in they've heard "Usmanov paid for the Everton stadium/naming rights" and got the wrong end of the stick?

No mate. We're going to be fine. Apparently their are other "suitable" investors ready to come in and invest.

I'll bet they're made up we're now dead in the water.

Uppity club gets its comeuppance.

This is the stuff of their dreams. And they wont be alone.
And they'll be filling their undies with man-cream if we struggle tonight.

I saw that tweet and wondered maybe if there's crossed wires or the guy just doesn't know football. I suppose prior to cutting ties with USM we could've been forced to close the *training* ground, since that is what the primarily sponsor. There's no reason to have to close the stadium.
I think the hawks in the political class (both in the Tory Party but even more so in Starmer's Tory second XI) are determined to sniff out easy meat to prey on and score points with the electorate...who, apparently, are *up in arms* about such people as Moshiri as well as Usmanov and Abramovic.

This club is VERY vulnerable at this moment in time.

Last edited:

]
I think the hakws in the political class (both in the Tory Party but even more so in Starmer's Tory second XI) are determined to sniff out easy meat to prey on and score points with the electorate...who, apparently, are *up in arms* about such people as Moshiri as well as Usmanov and Abramovic.

This club is VERY vulnerable at this moment in time.

Regardless of the politics, these characters close to Putin need to be gone!
I do believe we are different proposition now with investment in particular securing new ground and works on going. It's something that haunted us in the past was not having this in place.

Tbh if they closed the ground and shut the club down, think of the upside, financially, mental health wise and the free time we’d get back.
Could be a positively personally.

Reminds me of the episode of Mike Bassett where that Swiss company are trying to bulldoze the club and build a furniture store in its place and the fella in the car is made up by the news lol

Status
Not open for further replies.