Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t explain it clearly at all. If you choose not to see that then you should look again.

Please expand on the vested corporate interests that cause refugees?

When was the last time the ‘West’ trampled into a stable country on this scale and threatened anyone who intervened with nuclear weapons?

Lockheed Martin, BAE, Boeing, Leonardo UK, General Dynamic, Northropp Grumman. All companies whose share prices rise during war, as they sell weapons to both sides and, quite often as in the case of Saudis and Isreal, the aggressors.
It seems fairly hypocritical, to me, for us as a country and 'the west' to call Russian money "dirty money". It may well be dirty, even after how much it has been washed, but don't for a second think that it doesn't happen right across the world, with individuals and governments at large.

Newcastle, a case we are all familiar with.. They are blocked from purchasing a club in the UK because their owner, as evidence suggests, personally ordered the murder of an innocent journalist who had the temerity to call out the regime. Kashoggi was murdered by forced overdose, his body cut up into a number of pieces and then dissolved in barrels of acid, which they then poured down the drain. The person who ordered that owns a club in the UK. That purchase was sanctioned by the UK govt. and days later there was an announcement of Saudi investment of several billion in the North East. Coincidence? I think not. The UK govt are actively seeking Saudi investment in eth UK to allow them to meet their 'levelling up agenda'.

Everything that was posted above by @Bluebonic has context and was explained. Russian money is dirty, Saudi money is dirty, and also, however unfortunate, much the UK money is just as dirty.

Yes, we are in big big trouble. Massive debts, a stadium that soon won’t even get its safety certificate, a huge wage bill and a woeful squad on the bring of relegation.

And that’s before they take the money away!
It's over for Everton as a club with ANY ambitions to compete at the top level or play its football in a new stadium.

I'm not sure why that's not being computed by some. Shocked and dazed with the speed of the developments is one reason; being *assured* by others that we can just as easily attract another billionaire saviour is another.

It's time to face up to this: we are utterly cratered as a football club and if not this season in the very next couple we will be leaving top flight football for perhaps a very long time.

It's over for Everton as a club with ANY ambitions to compete at the top level or play its football in a new stadium.

I'm not sure why that's not being computed by some. Shocked and dazed with the speed of the developments is one reason; being *assured* by others that we can just as easily attract another billionaire saviour is another.

It's time to face up to this: we are utterly cratered as a football club and if not this season in the very next couple we will be leaving top flight football for perhaps a very long time.
Because not everyone is a frequent doom monger maybe?

Because not everyone is a frequent doom monger maybe?
You know deep down this is the strength of the situation.

It's understandable that you want to remain in denial. We all do. But it has to be faced. This isn't a doom prediction; it isn't *going to happen* it HAS happened.

Lockheed Martin, BAE, Boeing, Leonardo UK, General Dynamic, Northropp Grumman. All companies whose share prices rise during war, as they sell weapons to both sides and, quite often as in the case of Saudis and Isreal, the aggressors.
It seems fairly hypocritical, to me, for us as a country and 'the west' to call Russian money "dirty money". It may well be dirty, even after how much it has been washed, but don't for a second think that it doesn't happen right across the world, with individuals and governments at large.

Newcastle, a case we are all familiar with.. They are blocked from purchasing a club in the UK because their owner, as evidence suggests, personally ordered the murder of an innocent journalist who had the temerity to call out the regime. Kashoggi was murdered by forced overdose, his body cut up into a number of pieces and then dissolved in barrels of acid, which they then poured down the drain. The person who ordered that owns a club in the UK. That purchase was sanctioned by the UK govt. and days later there was an announcement of Saudi investment of several billion in the North East. Coincidence? I think not. The UK govt are actively seeking Saudi investment in eth UK to allow them to meet their 'levelling up agenda'.

Everything that was posted above by @Bluebonic has context and was explained. Russian money is dirty, Saudi money is dirty, and also, however unfortunate, much the UK money is just as dirty.

The point you highlighted was in reference to causing refugees which I’m not sure any of the things you quoted did to a great extent?

I’m well aware that capitalism results in companies and countries doing unpleasant things. Wasn’t really the point.

Why would Everton be forced to close Goodison? Usmanov doesn't own Everton Moshiri does. Unless the two are so intrinsically linked that you sanction one you sanction the other.

Remember when we were all in denial about the FSW being here for 2.5years, the ‘long haul’ remember when we were all in denial about the ground getting ‘called in’
Remember when we were in denial about BMD not even getting started….
Some on here are very consistent in one particular way

Why would Everton be forced to close Goodison? Usmanov doesn't own Everton Moshiri does. Unless the two are so intrinsically linked that you sanction one you sanction the other.
This is absolute madness and there's been no decent explanation given

Its come from this for anyone who's missed it - Times Political Editor so a very well connected source and whether its nonsense or not it'll be true that people in DCMS are saying this

Though could they have got the situation wrong and be talking about the NEW stadium, as in they've heard "Usmanov paid for the Everton stadium/naming rights" and got the wrong end of the stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.