Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I stew, the more I want the whole club and staff to vent every grievance with that blatant cheating through the media. The pedalled smokescreen of “offside“ also needs to be at the forefront of it all, clearly dispelled but unfortunately too late after it was being widely reported. Until the decisions these refs and assistants are making are not clandestine and are audible like in most other elite sports it’s hard to reason that it’s just incompetence. I know it won’t happen.
Well played blues, you were great. Chris…… I hope you make prisoners of all 3 of your front offal in your best and most well engineered clothing zip.

Did Chris Kavanagh do a scorecard at the boxing too....the corruption in top level sport has done me today with the non-handball and the disgraceful scoring in favour of Taylor against Catterall.

I need to keep stressing that it wasn't just the one terrible decision. The officials were against us the full 90 minutes today. Every decision went for City and the referee couldn't wait to give them decisions.
The amount of times Richarlison was taken out to stop us countering was ridiculous, not a single yellow card for any of those blatant fouls and all straight through the back of him. Van de beek challenges from behind (wins the ball and barely touches the opponent) immediate yellow card. Allan immediately gets a yellow for confronting the Lino… We are deep in the brown stuff and these decisions are compounding the team trying to play their way out of trouble. Jonjoe shelvey cutting Gordon in half, Romeu blatant handball, VAR tried its best to stop the lads getting any sort of result against Arsenal as well. It’s too frequent to be coincidental incompetence.

Like a fool i was celebrating a penalty because of var. I actually turned to.my mate and said thank god for var cause the ref would have bottled that. I was actually wondering who would take it.

Even when the play went on.i knew as soon as it stopped. I was rubbing my hands. Even if you believe in corruption evem a bent var has to give that out of embarrassment.

How. Wrong. Was. I

The amount of times Richarlison was taken out to stop us countering was ridiculous, not a single yellow card for any of thone blatant fouls and all straight through the back of him. Van de beek challenges from behind (wins the ball and barely touches the opponent) immediate yellow card. Allan immediately gets a yellow for confronting the Lino… We are deep in the brown stuff and these decisions are compounding the team trying to play their way out of trouble. Jonjoe shelvey cutting Gordon in half, Romeu blatant handball, VAR tried its best to stop the lads getting any sort of result against Arsenal as well. It’s too frequent to be coincidental incompetence
There are different rules applied to City and their cynical fouling. They can do 3 or 4 before yellow cards that other teams get booked for immediately. The referee today was utterly dreadful and I'm very happy Frank called them all out.

There are different rules applied to City and their cynical fouling. They can do 3 or 4 before yellow cards that other teams get booked for immediately. The referee today was utterly dreadful and I'm very happy Frank called them all out.
its a case of the refs having never played the game, city were rotational fouling Richarlison but making sure it was in our half to make it look less likely the counter attack was on. The officiating in this country, for what the Premier league love to describe as “the best football league in the world” is nowhere near the required standard, even FIFA and UEFA cottoned on years ago with their reluctance to entertain the Premier leagues best referees at the World Cup and Euros.
Agreed to be happy that Lampard called it out and named Kavanagh, happy also that Ashley Cole confronted them at the end to make sure these so called officials are well aware they won’t get an easy ride for a change

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.