Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very possible this weekend we are in the bottom 3, if this isn't the rocket up the backside that these players need to start performing then we are in really big trouble. If we survive this season it has to be the last time, we are a better club than this. Moshiri has to look at this club from top to bottom and not wait until we are in the championship. Anyone who is not working in the best interests of the club from the board to the management and players should be shown the door.
I suspect that is a long list.

I said the other day that I was concerned about Burnley climbing up and out. Another win last night justifies those concerns.

We need to pick up wins and fast. The sooner the likes of Leeds & Brentford are sucked right into the mire the better.

I said the other day that I was concerned about Burnley climbing up and out. Another win last night justifies those concerns.

We need to pick up wins and fast. The sooner the likes of Leeds & Brentford are sucked right into the mire the better.
They are already in it. If we are then 2 teams a point and 2 points us above us with 2 and 3 games more played are certainly in It. Villa also are not out of the mix

If you offered me 2 points from City and Spurs right now I think I'd be reasonably okay with that

Need some wins, but that would be something to build on

Honestly we should be thinking about trying to beat Spurs because they're wildly inconsistent

If it were at home I'd like our chances, but our players seem to wilt in every away game so the point wouldn't be the worst result

Relegation will destroy us. We'll have the likes of Michael Keane and Alex Iwobi earning close to 200k a week between them and both with several years left on their contracts, and that's not taking into account the countless players who earn 50/60+ thousand a week and contribute absolutely nothing. It will not be an easy task to immediately return to the Premier League. We could very easily turn into a yo-yo club like Norwich or Villa, or worst yet become a bang average second tier side like Blackburn, or worst yet end up like Sunderland.

If you offered me 2 points from City and Spurs right now I think I'd be reasonably okay with that

Need some wins, but that would be something to build on

Honestly we should be thinking about trying to beat Spurs because they're wildly inconsistent

If it were at home I'd like our chances, but our players seem to wilt in every away game so the point wouldn't be the worst result
Harry Kane always scores 2 against us mate, so we need to score a couple ourselves, sadly.

No offence intended mate but terrifying is being told you have cancer.

Its a game of football end of the day.

Whatever happens you'll be watching us play football next season and posting on here ?

It’s a fair point mate but there is an implied context to the language around football, hence last minute defeats are ‘heart breaking’, injuries are ‘devastating’, sets of fixtures are ‘frightening’.

I think we can say these things without demeaning actual lived experiences.

I think Brentford are done, they have the look of a team that has run out of both ideas and steam. I'm fairly sure they'll go down with Watford and the third place will be taken by Burnley, Norwich, Leeds or Everton.
The Ericsson factor is their hope - it could spark an upturn in results if he hits form quickly. Even the emotion of his return to the game could boost them.

These players earning a fortune from the club have put us in this position - collectively pathetic.

We have fans still obsessing over Rafael, james, digne...... the problem is deeper than that.

Get through this season and survive and then hopefully it is a wake up call to the board - money needs spending by the people who know what they are doing and we need to get rid of deadwood asap.

The Ericsson factor is their hope - it could spark an upturn in results if he hits form quickly. Even the emotion of his return to the game could boost them.
If he scores and pretends to have a heart attack and the players pretend to bring him back to life as part of the goal celebration then they deserve to stay up..

Status
Not open for further replies.