Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Doucoure keeps him out, you also said in a 3 he’s better, which I disagree with.

If like me you think he’s done, why post you’re worried
I was just stating Gomes is better in a 3 ( which he is) I wasn’t saying we should play him there. But under no circumstances should Gomes ever play in a 2 again, but if needs must he could play in a 3 that’s all I was saying I hope it doesn’t come to that. I’m worried because if I see him in midfield at the weekend say with VDB we will be doomed against city, I just hope Doucoure and the others get fit enough, if they are not we will still be seeing Gomes play.

I was just stating Gomes is better in a 3 ( which he is) I wasn’t saying we should play him there. But under no circumstances should Gomes ever play in a 2 again, but if needs must he could play in a 3 that’s all I was saying I hope it doesn’t come to that. I’m worried because if I see him in midfield at the weekend say with VDB we will be doomed against city, I just hope Doucoure and the others get fit enough, if they are not we will still be seeing Gomes play.
Gomes is awful whether it’s 2,3 or 4. I do t see what you do. Defensively he’s a liability, weak, gets bullied. Lazy, slow. And going forward offers nothing.

I hope I never see him again in an Everton shirt.

Gomes is awful whether it’s 2,3 or 4. I do t see what you do. Defensively he’s a liability, weak, gets bullied. Lazy, slow. And going forward offers nothing.

Your not getting my point, I said better in a 3, I didn’t say he was a world beater in a 3. Hopefully not but If needs must, he will play all I was saying is he’s better in a 3 than a 2. I’m sure you will see him in an Everton shirt again, I don’t want to you don’t want to but the rest can’t seem to stay fit.

I said a fair few weeks ago that relegation would not happen as there are at least three worse teams than us in the league. Unfortunately some of them have managed to improve a little or pick up points and we haven’t. They close in on us and in two weeks it could start to look even more concerning.

Last night I was thinking out of all the teams in the battle I think we are one of the most likely to pick up the odd win. Then Burnley beat Spurs and the concern deepens. If those teams below us continue to grab the odd win, then who knows what could happen.

My hope, and that is all I have is that we can stay up.

No no no. We need to appeal to the prem to allow us to field 15 outfield players to cover the brilliance of Gomesh.

It's very possible this weekend we are in the bottom 3, if this isn't the rocket up the backside that these players need to start performing then we are in really big trouble. If we survive this season it has to be the last time, we are a better club than this. Moshiri has to look at this club from top to bottom and not wait until we are in the championship. Anyone who is not working in the best interests of the club from the board to the management and players should be shown the door.

It's very possible this weekend we are in the bottom 3, if this isn't the rocket up the backside that these players need to start performing then we are in really big trouble. If we survive this season it has to be the last time, we are a better club than this. Moshiri has to look at this club from top to bottom and not wait until we are in the championship. Anyone who is not working in the best interests of the club from the board to the management and players should be shown the door.
The majority of our players aren’t arsed mate.
You need to get your head round that.

We go down, they get a move and the same wages.
Sure, a few nice words on their social media about how great it was to play for such a big club and it’s great fans.. and then carry on as normal.

I’d say about 5 of this squad would be properly arsed if we went down. Most of them the local lads.

Exactly this, I wouldn’t shed a tear if we went down. More to life than footy.

In the Moyes years I would have been gutted but the last 7-8 years football has gone completely corrupt with FFP + VAR basically creating a cabal of 5-6 clubs in English football that are propped up to the point that they cant fail with the rest of us left to dine out on midtable finishes paying players like Iwobi 100k a week thinking we are all mighty and ambitious.

We simply exist to make the numbers up these days.

Not worth the heartache.

Your not getting my point, I said better in a 3, I didn’t say he was a world beater in a 3. Hopefully not but If needs must, he will play all I was saying is he’s better in a 3 than a 2. I’m sure you will see him in an Everton shirt again, I don’t want to you don’t want to but the rest can’t seem to stay fit.
I know he’s better in a 3 than a 2. That’s obvious. But that doesn’t make the team better. Because if we have Allan and Doucoure, why would you play Gomes. I’d rather play Dele.

Gomes in a 2 is detrimental to the team, Gomes in a 3 doesn’t help us much either.

If it goes to the last game of the season, it could be Arteta that relegates us. Hopefully it doesn't come to that
There are some proper big games on that last day potentially.
Hope we are safe by then as all sorts could happen looking at the fixtures.

87B2C91D-0A76-4335-9964-DC0AF159FAA1.jpeg

There are some proper big games on that last day potentially.
Hope we are safe by then as all sorts could happen looking at the fixtures.

View attachment 157069
I don't think Burnley and Newcastle will be in danger come the end, at the moment I feel like it could be us, leeds, brentford and potentially Villa, alongside Norwich and Watford of course.

I am just not going to look at the fixtures anymore, as we know this is the premier league and anyone can get a result with anyone on the day, depending on how good they play or how bad their opponent plays. We have to take each game as it comes and just remain behind the team, as it is ultimately out of our control.

We definitely have the quality to pick up results provided we can stay injury free and continue to play with intensity, if we had turgid, lazy performances, then we are signing are our death warrant really.

We need to go into every game believing we can battle for the points, because if we don't too much pressure comes on the games were we are expected to win and it will definitely impact the performances

Game by game it is.

All this is certainly easy to say, but the reality is, as I mentioned its ultimately out of our control, all we can do is support it til the death

Status
Not open for further replies.